GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Overall advance is low. I'd try map 2 as a reference before moving on.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Probably not going to get the same power without the E. It’s getting hotter and the E does a wonderful job of helping keep things cooler. I run my 93 tune on E30. When I don’t have access to E and run 93 I can tell/see the difference.
Just my $.02

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
You're pretty close to the edge. Sure, you could probably smooth things out a bit with a conservative map 6, but watch those IAT's. You don't have much room. They're pretty low right now. Summer is coming.

At what point is the IAT too high?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
When I'm sitting in traffic I'll see +30. Soon as I get on the gas it'll drop to 8 to 10 above amb. Daytime temps have been in the mid 70's to low 80's recently.

bostongeorge

Car(s)
mk7 golf R
Hey guys, new here! I just started logging Map 1 runs and found one of them hit 26PSI, isn't the max boost for map 1 lower than 26.1PSI?

bostongeorge

Car(s)
mk7 golf R
I am going to check the setting when I get back to the car, I was just running stock Map 1 settings. My thing is I did not think the stock ECU would ever hit over 20PSI? it was hitting over 22psi with a 4psi target. I also have not been able to repeat it yet.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I am going to check the setting when I get back to the car, I was just running stock Map 1 settings. My thing is I did not think the stock ECU would ever hit over 20PSI? it was hitting over 22psi with a 4psi target. I also have not been able to repeat it yet.
It is trying to reach torque targets even if it is heatsoked, I never saw 22psi but 20 a few times.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Can somebody with more experience than me take a look at the logs and let me know what you think?

I have a 2015 mk7 GTI. The engine modifications are: JB4, 3” catted Downpipe, FMIC intercooler, inlet elbow and tube.
I did 3 logs today with these Map 6 settings (I lowered them by .5 from the cold weather settings I had to avoid issues in the heat):

1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3
3500 3
4000 3.5
4500 4.5
5000 5.5
5500 6
6000 6
6500 5
7000 5

The weather was in the high 80’s and fairly humid today. Can you please take a look at the logs and let me know if they look good (and safe for track use), and also if you have any recommendations to improve them. I want the tune to be safe for the track, in hot weather.

https://datazap.me/u/up4speed/log-1621713105?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/up4speed/log-1621713191?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/up4speed/log-1621713342?log=0&data=1-4

I am using additive boost as of now. What is the consensus on using target boost? Is it better for weather variation, or worse? Will I benefit from using target boost?

Thanks!

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
It won't matter can't max for both summer and winter because the gas is different. Can't run as much boost in winter, maybe the deep south doesn't change blends but everywhere else will. I can run almost 2 extra psi in summer on the 1.8.