GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Hey if you don't get some corrections you aren't pushing hard enough. :p J/k. Also worth noting with the R / S3 / Cupra it's quite common with minor corrections.

Stay safe and keep logging.

profil32

Marvelous Day at Napierville Dragway with Curious George as the Master Tuner of my Golf R 2017 JB4 map 6
Screenshot_2020-10-17-20-48-37-635_com.dmacpro91.jb4_mobile.jpg
Screenshot_2020-10-17-20-51-17-231_com.dmacpro91.jb4_mobile.jpg
1602979626889.jpg
1602979626893.jpg

Current Mods: air intake racingline, turbo elbow cts, turbo muffler cts, downpipe cts, car 200 cel cts, intercooler integrated engineering, fuel pump kit autotech, ignition coils APR Rs3, Spark plugs NGK R7437-9, ecu stage 2 unitronic, DSG stage 2 Unitronic, DV+ T9359 GFB. Octane 94 petro-canada.

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I knew there was some dudes running FBO on JB4 - good shit!

Givemewins

https://datazap.me/u/givemewins/log-1602954600?log=0&data=1-4

How does this look? I'm trying to learn how to read this better. Should the AFR's be more consistent? It also looks like the boost doesn't meet the target boost most of the time.

This is Map 5, ARM catless downpipe, ebay intercooler, Injen Intake and a mix of 4 gallons E85 and the rest 92 octane.
The next mod will be an Ethanol content gauge so that I can have an accurate mix of E30.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
https://datazap.me/u/givemewins/log-1602954600?log=0&data=1-4

How does this look? I'm trying to learn how to read this better. Should the AFR's be more consistent? It also looks like the boost doesn't meet the target boost most of the time.

This is Map 5, ARM catless downpipe, ebay intercooler, Injen Intake and a mix of 4 gallons E85 and the rest 92 octane.
The next mod will be an Ethanol content gauge so that I can have an accurate mix of E30.
Looks good, AFR will always be a bit wonky with JB4 same with boost control. Raise boost safety to 26 and fuel open loop to 50 atleast, it is a gti right?

Read the intro to JB4 on page 1 for better understanding and ask if there is something you are wondering about.

Givemewins

Looks good, AFR will always be a bit wonky with JB4 same with boost control. Raise boost safety to 26 and fuel open loop to 50 atleast, it is a gti right?

Read the intro to JB4 on page 1 for better understanding and ask if there is something you are wondering about.

Thanks! I was thinking of adjusting the FOL but wasn't sure to what. And yes GTI on stock is20.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Salut à tous, je suis nouveau sur le forum, je viens de Marseille en France et je possède une golf 7 gti performance box 6 manuelle de 2013
J'ai monté un filtre KN dessus + enlever le tamis à neige + ouverture dremel
Je monte aussi une sortie et une entrée turbo
Je tourne sur 50% sp95 europe + 50 ℅ e85
que pensez-vous de mes journaux?
actuellement mon fol a 50 ans, est-ce bon? ou dois-je passer à 60 ans?
Merci d'avance et bonne journée

https://datazap.me/u/gomze/log-1602965098?log=0&data=1-4

Could you please use Google translate, and post a 3rd gear log from 3-6.5k on map3.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
excuse moi mon ami
Salut à tous, je suis nouveau sur le forum, je suis de Marseille en France et je possède une golf 7 gti performance box 6 manuelle de 2013
J'ai monté un filtre KN dessus + retirer le pare-neige + ouverture dremel
Je monte également une sortie et une entrée turbo
J'utilise 50% SP95 Europe + 50 ℅ E85
que pensez-vous de mes logs?
actuellement mon fou a 50 ans, n'est-ce pas? ou devrais-je avoir 60 ans?
Merci d'avance et bonne journée
https://datazap.me/u/gomze/log-1603038330?log=0&data=17-22
excuse me my friend
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, I am from Marseille in France and I own a golf 7 gti performance box 6 manual from 2013
I mounted a KN filter on it + remove the snow screen + dremel opening
I also mount a turbo outlet and inlet
I'm running on 50% SP95 Europe + 50 ℅ E85
what do you think of my logs?
currently my madman is 60 fol it s good
Thank you in advance and good day
Hey I got a friend 😁

Looks good but you are not adding much boost. I can understand if you are still on stock clutch not adding much down low but there is room for more in the higher range.

You could try map 3 like I suggested since it is a slower progression 6 psi add map or just raise your map 6. Or if you want to run it as is turn down FOL to 50.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I really dont know how you live in vegas with all those mods and dont have an IC yet... :p
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now that we're going into cold season it's once again lost priority

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
thank you Chriss

for your answer, I do not give more boost to the turbo because my gti is from 2013 and the first turbo are fragile
I put crazy 50? my trims are not good?
because in my tank there are 7 gallons of e85 and 7 gallons of sp95
Your trims only goes up to around 30, so if you are not going to add more boost you can lower it to 50.

Running high FOL(telling the ecu to raise railpressure) when it is not needed might confuse the ECU and cause railpressure low codes.

BTW I would not worry about the old revision turbo to much, if it held this long it will probably last even when run harder. My IS20 regularly pusher over 28psi peak and is still holding, knock on wood. 😬 :LOL:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
thank you for all the info, I would put fol 55 and I would redo some logs
according to my current logs I could add how many psi?
greetings 😃
Try map 3 and log that on FOL 60, ease into the throttle at 3k first to see that the clutch dont slip.

Bon voyage

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now that we're going into cold season it's once again lost priority
I see you've got those awesome temps in the early morning. Best time to be hooning.

Are there any fun roads around vegas? Everywhere I went was straight....