GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Map 3 pulls so hard! I can't believe I can run that map with ACN91 octane..
Do I just copy the target values over and start incrementing the numbers? Do you know what values to put for 1500-3000?

You can do a pull in map 3 from 1500 to 3000 and figure those numbers out, or just plug in 1, 1.5, 2 . That should be fine. You can try to +1 all cells from 5000 to 6000 rpm.

The 2019 cars run really rich, so it cools the cylinders more for running more boost. The 2019 GTIs (not sure about R) are very good candidates for piggyback computers.

vwgtilt

Car(s)
VW GTI MK7
Hello everyone.
I have used JB4 with my VW 2015 GTI for 4 years. As the warranty has come to an end I will be swapping over the IS38 in. I want to stay with only JB4, no stacking. I have full catless 3" exhaust and 93 RON fuel. Where do I begin with IS38? are there any known settings for the beggining which I should then modify? I am familiar with Map 6 and logging so no problem there. Thank you in advance.
Will

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Maybe Prof. Diggs will chime in as I don't have JB4/IS38 experience. However, I do know you can get away with a lot less taper as you near redline. Sure you don't want to slide the slippery slope of flash tuning? 😁.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Sh!t, skipped right over the RON. Yeah, find some E and good luck with fueling the 38.

vwgtilt

Car(s)
VW GTI MK7
Jesus, i meant 93US (98RON). Thats a mistake on my part.
And as for the tuning, we do not have any tuners in my country, so it would be hard for me to get any tunes (unless eurodyne), but for the beginning I think JB4 will be enough. Maybe later I will go for a stack.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Hey all, here's a log I did over the weekend, that shows some odd AFR issues, which is noticeable as hesitation when driving. Wondering what could be causing this.

This is Map 1. Car is on 93 octane, and only other engine mod is a K&N panel filter. ~59k miles.

Attachments

• 071920_1124.jpg
    071920_1124.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 97

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Kinda hard to read, can you post in datazap.me? What is FOL set at and do you have AFR wire attached?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Good on the datazap. What is boost safety and FOL? Did it just start happening?

Oh, and it's damn hot in GA.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Zeros matter lol, add a 0 to all fuel bias(100) and fuel open loop(50)
Your firmware is some old version, update that aswell.

Oh yeah, there it is. Was almost gonna say his wideband was about to shit the bed. But that kind of fuel bias will look similar. Good catch.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Good on the datazap. What is boost safety and FOL? Did it just start happening?

Oh, and it's damn hot in GA.

I had been doing a number of logs of 3rd gear pulls. This was the last one. And yup, this weekend was pretty hot.

I'll check the boost safety and FOL later.