GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
@goodvibes
Keep in mind the 2.0 ECUs run lower timing than the 1.8s. The higher trims are likely because of the E85, but I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm aware 2.0s run less timing but it isn't climbing much at higher rpm. Also, trims are 'lower' than you'd expect with e85 so I suspect the fuel pressure has been raised.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm aware 2.0s run less timing but it isn't climbing much at higher rpm. Also, trims are 'lower' than you'd expect with e85 so I suspect the fuel pressure has been raised.

The ECU is running as much as it wants to run in the scenario because there are no timing corrections. Knowing he has ethanol in the tank, I think it's safe to increase the boost, as long as he only uses the map when he has the current or better mix.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
The ECU is running as much as it wants to run in the scenario because there are no timing corrections. Knowing he has ethanol in the tank, I think it's safe to increase the boost, as long as he only uses the map when he has the current or better mix.
agreed, safe.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
I'm sure he changed your fuel setting as well or your trims would look worse. I'd say you could run more boost but I doubt you want ign1 much lower so it's good. I wouldn't recommend anyone use these without working their way up and adjusting other settings if required.

The short version is that it looks good on your car.

I did change fol to 50. Today it was hotter and the map doesn't feel as good...kinda lazy throttle response...I went back to map 0 for these real hot days...don't really need to floor it now. I would assume when the weather gets cooler, the car will feel even faster. Hesitant to get an intercooler now because of lengthy extended warranty, car only has 14k miles, but looking at a twincooler type because of less hassle.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I did a run with map 3 and map4 and they look good to me.. can someone help confirm?

map3: https://datazap.me/u/yungaxel3/log-1595048796?log=0&data=1-4
map4: https://datazap.me/u/yungaxel3/log-1595048796?log=1&data=1-4

Where do I go from here? Any tips on a map 6?

Thanks!

How does Map 3 feel? Your logs look really good for 91 octane. It looks like Map 3 is a really fun and safe setting for you. If you want to go further, copy the Map 3 "target" values in to the Map 6 cells.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
How does Map 3 feel? Your logs look really good for 91 octane. It looks like Map 3 is a really fun and safe setting for you. If you want to go further, copy the Map 3 "target" values in to the Map 6 cells.
Map 3 pulls so hard! I can't believe I can run that map with ACN91 octane..
Do I just copy the target values over and start incrementing the numbers? Do you know what values to put for 1500-3000?