GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
i have a question guys ... i wanna upgrade my hpfp so i can run full e85 ... would the jb4 custom map 6 tuning be enough to do it? like would i have to change my fol n fuel bias maybe?
Unless you are stacking on a flash tune your fuel bias is already maxed.

I have upgraded hpfp and a dual nozzle meth/water set up (essentially supplemental fuel) and have only made to E50 max, and that’s with having the boost neutered still (Hybrid turbo). I don’t think you’ll be able to run full e85 and run higher boost levels so it would negate running the full E anyways.

eski.knows

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15 GTI S 4DR 6MT
Unless you are stacking on a flash tune your fuel bias is already maxed.

I have upgraded hpfp and a dual nozzle meth/water set up (essentially supplemental fuel) and have only made to E50 max, and that’s with having the boost neutered still (Hybrid turbo). I don’t think you’ll be able to run full e85 and run higher boost levels so it would negate running the full E anyways.
does this apply to having an is20 on my mk7 gti i have just been seeing a couple guys doing it and im not sure what it requires to run full e85 for more power w my current setup

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
no sneekytuned actually not sure if it was a custom tune hope dude chimes in
That’s a flash tune, they can control fuel more than Jb4.

if you want to run fuel e85 on is20 yes You can do it with a hpfp and custom tune, jb4 will be doubtful

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
That’s a flash tune, they can control fuel more than Jb4.

if you want to run fuel e85 on is20 yes You can do it with a hpfp and custom tune, jb4 will be doubtful

This. Went to flash tune and only way to get it to run right with E30 was to have the tuner control fueling. Even then, you will run super close to the edge on full E85 and stock GTI HPFP with custom E-tune. Upgraded HPFP will buy some headroom, but as AJ stated, IS20 won't be able to take full advantage of it. JB4? no way. Only cure for all of this is sacks-o-money 😁.

Ketheptis

If it's really hot, i.e. IAT's 100 and above, and you're not running ethanol and don't have an intercooler upgrade, then my experience shows that you have to back off of your expectations. When it's hot I dial back to Map 3 running good pump 93.

So it's in the 90's here with high humidity, car has a catted turbo back, and a drop in filter. In general would say Map 2 and 3 are safe to run for the summer?

Really having a hard time finding something like default Map 3 settings to work up from, looking at the User Adjustable Settings just feels overwhelming.

Ketheptis

Map 3 (Thanks George!)

1500 0
2000 2
2500 3
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 4
4500 5
5000 5.5
5500 6
6000 6
6500 6
7000 6

So then everything else is left to the default values, putting these values into Map 6 will mirror Map 3? Fuel and Duty bias specifically.

Looks like older versions used absolute values, and now the number is how many PSI over stock?

Last edited: