GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hi,

Can you explain what this means and how do I sort it?

Thanks
Trims is your fuel enrichment to meet specified AFR, usually it can go up to 50 but some newer R/S3s seems to have issues with that.

Besides turning it down not really sure as I never had that issue, raising FOL will lower your trim number but you are most likely going to start getting railpressure to low codes if you raise it any more.

I would contact George to see what he can do to help.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
Change boost safety to 27 and FOL to 60 and log map 3 in 3rd gear from 3-6.5k. High IATs will kill timing advance so consider IC upgrade, looks good otherwise.

Thanks, Chris,

Are you saying I should do a custom map 6...forgive me, I am not that experienced yet with this platform. What are ideal timing numbers? I assume zero is not good. I thought map 3 was for the R.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Thanks, Chris,

Are you saying I should do a custom map 6...forgive me, I am not that experienced yet with this platform. What are ideal timing numbers? I assume zero is not good. I thought map 3 was for the R.

If it's really hot, i.e. IAT's 100 and above, and you're not running ethanol and don't have an intercooler upgrade, then my experience shows that you have to back off of your expectations. When it's hot I dial back to Map 3 running good pump 93. If I add ethanol to ~E30 I can run my Map 6 which is capped at 27psi. To run a high output Map 6 all the time, you have to choose whether you want to a) run ethanol all the time, b) add an intercooler upgrade, or c) continually chase your Map 6 values as ambient temps change. I chose not to chase, and to dial back instead.

There are a lot of parameters to look at in logs, but the ones I pay attention to are:

IAT
Boost
RPM
Trims under 40
Ign1 smooth
Ign2, 3,4 all flat lines

If your trims get too high, or you are seeing timing corrections on Ign2,3, or 4, then I dial back.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Thanks, Chris,

Map 3 is a 6psi add map without the heavy taper map 4 has.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
If it's really hot, i.e. IAT's 100 and above, and you're not running ethanol and don't have an intercooler upgrade, then my experience shows that you have to back off of your expectations. When it's hot I dial back to Map 3 running good pump 93.
IATs hit 120 here. Running Map 2..... think 3 would be ok? Do run 3g of the corn with 93 now when I can. I would run map 2 most of the time but 3 would be fun.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
If it's really hot, i.e. IAT's 100 and above, and you're not running ethanol and don't have an intercooler upgrade, then my experience shows that you have to back off of your expectations. When it's hot I dial back to Map 3 running good pump 93. If I add ethanol to ~E30 I can run my Map 6 which is capped at 27psi. To run a high output Map 6 all the time, you have to choose whether you want to a) run ethanol all the time, b) add an intercooler upgrade, or c) continually chase your Map 6 values as ambient temps change. I chose not to chase, and to dial back instead.

There are a lot of parameters to look at in logs, but the ones I pay attention to are:

IAT
Boost
RPM
Trims under 40
Ign1 smooth
Ign2, 3,4 all flat lines

If your trims get too high, or you are seeing timing corrections on Ign2,3, or 4, then I dial back.
Thanks for the input. I may consider a twintercooler sooner or later. Its just that the car is a low mileage (14K) cpo car and I have a warranty until 2023. I guess the twincooler would be easier to remove than a factory location one.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the input. I may consider a twintercooler sooner or later. Its just that the car is a low mileage (14K) cpo car and I have a warranty until 2023. I guess the twincooler would be easier to remove than a factory location one.

You're not alone. Mine is a 2018 with 39K. I also have MA emissions to deal with. That's why I'm using a JB4.

eski.knows

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15 GTI S 4DR 6MT
i have a question guys ... i wanna upgrade my hpfp so i can run full e85 ... would the jb4 custom map 6 tuning be enough to do it? like would i have to change my fol n fuel bias maybe? i also live in colorado so lets take the avg of 5-7k elevation into consideration

edit: i run a 6mt mk7 gti with jb4 running map 3 on e30 with fol set at 60 and 6 cyl timing set to 1 boost safety at 26 my current performance mods feature a fmic, stock intake mods(k&n drop-in, removed snowguard, spulen inlet tube, bms turbo inlet, bms oil catchcan), custom tbe(3” dp, 400 cell hf cat, 3in res delete, stock muffler🙃), spulen racing rear mount insert, euro s3 shifter, clutchstop, clutch pedal spring removed

Last edited: