GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
If you really need to know an exact amount of E in your fuel because you tune to a specific content, or are super anal and just like the fun of another gauge, get one of these:

https://www.fuel-it.com/vw-audi-2-0l-tsi-flex-fuel-kits/
Otherwise, 2-3 gallons in a fillup is generally the sweet spot.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
i'm going to reduce on the 7's by .5 psi and log again in like 1 hr, hopefully this reduces the knock at 5500rpm

Have you tried Map 3? Looks like you have an older firmware version though. If so, try a log of 3 vs. 6 (with the reduction you mentioned) and see what ya get. I'm thinking better overall advance with Map 3. If you're looking for more "snap" down low, Map 2 on E should do the trick. Unless you don't like seeing the traction control light flash all the time ?.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
If you really need to know an exact amount of E in your fuel because you tune to a specific content, or are super anal and just like the fun of another gauge, get one of these:

https://www.fuel-it.com/vw-audi-2-0l-tsi-flex-fuel-kits/
Otherwise, 2-3 gallons in a fillup is generally the sweet spot.
good link, I saw something on amazon that was 85$ and built by AEM which showed E concentration, it plugs in via OBD2 so i guess its no good for jb4. also, I don't really care about the E concentration, i put 2-3 gallons and ride with that.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Have you tried Map 3? Looks like you have an older firmware version though. If so, try a log of 3 vs. 6 (with the reduction you mentioned) and see what ya get. I'm thinking better overall advance with Map 3. If you're looking for more "snap" down low, Map 2 on E should do the trick. Unless you don't like seeing the traction control light flash all the time ?.
are any of the newer firmware version worth upgrading too? smoother ?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
good link, I saw something on amazon that was 85$ and built by AEM which showed E concentration, it plugs in via OBD2 so i guess its no good for jb4. also, I don't really care about the E concentration, i put 2-3 gallons and ride with that.
what did you see for $85? That’s typically the cost of the sensor only.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
oh I remember the guy posting an Aem gauge that was 85 buck last week... but that was just a obd2 reader, it didn’t do anything for E content.

I just installed the one you linked last night on my car.
464CCA7F-7421-44C5-8F58-CFC4045AD7A3.jpeg

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
could you give me a little refresher on how to upgrade the firmware, I saw on this thread before some people had problems on the newer FW and had to revert

Most bugs worked out of the newer versions with the latest 60/86//5. I have the BT app so I do all updates on it, and not a data cable/laptop. There is an update firmware choice on the main screen of the app. Click on it and it takes you here:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428
Choose FW download at bottom of the first post and download it. Make sure you have a good WiFi connection with the app or laptop. If you do it via BT app, make sure all other BT devices are disconnected.Takes a while if you have a real early version like you do. Let it run, it may kick out if you get any glitches in your WiFi. Try it again until it fully updates.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It doesn't look like the latest firmware is on that page.

1. Ask George for it.
2. Use the latest version of the phone app to download the 8_6_T3.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
moar pics of car in background plz
It’s my neglected 1970 rs... took it apart 10 years ago to do a resto - to the underside and frame (frame on was already done) and the lay recession hit... and now I still just haven’t found the interest to get back started on it, heres a shot before. And another from last year when I first got the gti showing the cars front clip off, lol.

Sooner or later I’ll get back to it.

C7F77D75-D72E-4C18-BBD5-34F462AB79AE.jpeg
3368C347-7B8D-4BAF-B0E6-6D87B03B03C8.png