GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
thanks for the reply I’ll take away .5 of boost
Welp today I got on it hard in 4th after taking away the .5 the weather Is warmer and 4th gear is hitting a wall at 5,000 rpms 55fop California 91 octane sucksss

I lowered everything again .5 so I’m at these levels now getting into 5,000 plus instead of +6

5,000 +5
5,500 +5
6,000+5
6,500+5
7,000 +5

will need to relog everything.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Welp today I got on it hard in 4th after taking away the .5 the weather Is warmer and 4th gear is hitting a wall at 5,000 rpms 55fop California 91 octane sucksss

I lowered everything again .5 so I’m at these levels now getting into 5,000 plus instead of +6

5,000 +5
5,500 +5
6,000+5
6,500+5
7,000 +5

will need to relog everything.
Pretty sure you are hitting the speed limiter, seems to be a soft limiter cutting boost when you get over 120.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Pretty sure you are hitting the speed limiter, seems to be a soft limiter cutting boost when you get over 120.

I looked down and I was about 100mph I’ll look again but I’m pretty sure I’m not at the limiter. the jb4 guide says 4.5 is about safe for 91 octane and 5+ is for 93 octane. But who knows maybe my car is a little picky.
How many people are getting 5+ with 91 octane? With a downpipe and intake snow guard removed.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Still low on ign1. I think it's still too much boost for your gas...

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Still low on ign1. I think it's still too much boost for your gas...

shitty gas will be shitty gas I filled up last night at the 76 station and it’s not cheap I’ll have to keep going back to Costco with there shell and chevron gas.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
shitty gas will be shitty gas I filled up last night at the 76 station and it’s not cheap I’ll have to keep going back to Costco with there shell and chevron gas.
i thought you were running e30 blend?

91 don't need your FOL at 60, your trims and AFR don't have you running out of fuel.

if you can get more timing with less boost it will feel faster even though you have less boost, also what was the ambient temp on this run?

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
i thought you were running e30 blend?

91 don't need your FOL at 60, your trims and AFR don't have you running out of fuel.

if you can get more timing with less boost it will feel faster even though you have less boost, also what was the ambient temp on this run?
Not running e30 yet but I will once I get the 91 tune dialed in. I’ll turn the fol down to 50fop and turn the boost to max 4.5?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not running e30 yet but I will once I get the 91 tune dialed in. I’ll turn the fol down to 50fop and turn the boost to max 4.5?
91 tune dialed in = map 1 or try 3...then do you map 6 with e30, you can prob. run the last setting you has with the 30 and get the same boost but better advance aslo.

putting the couple gallons of E85 in my car did wonders especially in the warmer Vegas month.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
91 tune dialed in = map 1 or try 3...then do you map 6 with e30, you can prob. run the last setting you has with the 30 and get the same boost but better advance aslo.

putting the couple gallons of E85 in my car did wonders especially in the warmer Vegas month.

Oh I bet the reason why I was on map 6 because I wanted to dial it in for clutch saver and then get a little bit more boost if I could. So I’ll back down to 4.5 and save that config and I already have the map you sent me saved and I’ll call that my e30 map and maybe I’ll put some E30 tonight on my way home from work

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
what setting did I send?

my map6 setting with the is20?

you should try e30 (2-3 gallons of 85 with the rest of the tank full 91)
With map 3 fol 60 and post that log.

map 3 is good for clutch concerns cause George created it to be less aggressive down low than 1 and 2 in efforts to keep the temps low so it can make the higher boost with timing in the higher RPMs. I was alway a fan of how map 3 felt VS 1&2, but it’s def not a snappy at 3-5k