GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
New firmware prevents autoclear cat codes.
This is the only reason I am keeping my current firmware. The auto clear of the o2 codes works 95% of the time. About once every 2 months a cel will slip through and I'll have to manually clear it, but that's after it has auto cleared almost daily. Wife would go ballistic if the light stayed on all the time. She already thinks I'm destroying the car instead of upgrading like I keep telling her. Lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
installed the hybrid last night, ran it on map 1, checked logs, then went map3 checked logs and created initial base Map 6 setting as below for test and run.
just talked to George about them today and ill be added some request after 5k and will run some more logs tonight... this is still on e3blend.

whats crazy feeling is how much faster the car feels from the added volume of the bigger turbo will still at the same boost levels of the is20 (except after 5800rpm)

1500-1
2000-2
2500-3
3000-3.5
3500-4
4000-5
4500-5
5000-5
5500-6
6000-6
6000-6
6500-6
7000-6

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/ini...-4-5-6-11-14-18&trim=5&tmin=85.54&tmax=100.00

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
installed the hybrid last night, ran it on map 1, checked logs, then went map3 checked logs and created initial base Map 6 setting as below for test and run.
just talked to George about them today and ill be added some request after 5k and will run some more logs tonight... this is still on e3blend.

whats crazy feeling is how much faster the car feels from the added volume of the bigger turbo will still at the same boost levels of the is20 (except after 5800rpm)

1500-1
2000-2
2500-3
3000-3.5
3500-4
4000-5
4500-5
5000-5
5500-6
6000-6
6000-6
6500-6
7000-6

https://datazap.me/u/elbigoteaj/ini...-4-5-6-11-14-18&trim=5&tmin=85.54&tmax=100.00

Which hybrid is it?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
This is the only reason I am keeping my current firmware. The auto clear of the o2 codes works 95% of the time. About once every 2 months a cel will slip through and I'll have to manually clear it, but that's after it has auto cleared almost daily. Wife would go ballistic if the light stayed on all the time. She already thinks I'm destroying the car instead of upgrading like I keep telling her. Lol.

I did the same for so long I thought it would never update to new firmware. Wanted to experiment and take advantage of some features with new F/W. So bit the nipple and took the plunge. Sure enough, CEL. Installed Vibrant straight spacer with medium insert and no light since. MAp 3 is nice in warm weather. Worth it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I did the same for so long I thought it would never update to new firmware. Wanted to experiment and take advantage of some features with new F/W. So bit the nipple and took the plunge. Sure enough, CEL. Installed Vibrant straight spacer with medium insert and no light since. MAp 3 is nice in warm weather. Worth it.
What kind of boost taper/psi does map 3 offer? I run a pretty spicy map 6 so looking for a comparison.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
So now that I have a downpipe installed can I turn the boost up a little? Can I turn my fop down from 55 to 50 just wanna know what you guys learned after from from stock and then a downpipe installed and what more you were able to tune in. 91 octane with dp and Jb4

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Great tried to upload firmware from Bluetooth and it fails every time I have no firmware now what to do?

I had similar problems using BT on a Samsung phone. The JB4 app could not find the new downloaded firmware. I used the Samsung My Files app to move the new file out of the Downloads folder to the JB4 folder, where the other firmware revisions live. Once I restarted the app, the new file was visible in the JB4 app, and I was able to flash it.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
What kind of boost taper/psi does map 3 offer? I run a pretty spicy map 6 so looking for a comparison.

Seems to add about .5 PSI from 3K on compared to map 2. Its a bit hot for my car in the cooler months as it shows more ign corrections due to torque targeting profile of my ancient ECU. Summertime it works fine. When I feel particularly anal, I go between it, map 2 and 2 different map 6 files depending on ambient temp. As long as you can get clean boost without serious AFR fluctuations and IGN corrections, you're good. Once you start getting lean, or knock (depending on generation of ECU) , you are on a ragged edge and should adjust boost accordingly. Especially in regards to fueling (FOL /trim). Lots of trial and error depending on conditions to get a really fined tuned JB4 car from what I've found.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Diggs got my map 6 dialed in pretty good. I have a conservative one for easy driving/ wife mode and a couple of hot ones depending on if I get corn or not.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So now that I have a downpipe installed can I turn the boost up a little? Can I turn my fop down from 55 to 50 just wanna know what you guys learned after from from stock and then a downpipe installed and what more you were able to tune in. 91 octane with dp and Jb4
With lower back pressure you are alredy moving more air mass at the same boost as before and since you are running 91 log map1. When you have E30 in the tank run the numbers I posted before with FOL 60 and post the log before you turn it up.

CHHA

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Octavia RS
Dispite it would be better to see a full pull of 3rd from 2,5-3 k rpm on and a bit of 4th gear, its looking good