GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, If I stacked it, I'd remove boost and try to get more advance in the mids or find better gas..

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Speaking of better gas... I've bought a tester from Amazon- you are supposed to add 1 part water up to a line, add 2 parts fuel up to another line, shake and leave to see where the line of separation is... my E98 does indeed appear to be 98% ethanol.

My last tank was 8.5Ls of E98 mixed with 32Ls of U94.

Side note- after testing tonight, I started to wonder- "So, what if my e98 was 50% water- wouldn't these manual tests show the same thing?"

Anyway- my next test is Petro Ultra94, which most all video tests seem to show to be 10% damned near bang on.

31.154Ls of Ultra94 plus
09.346Ls of E98 equals
40.5Ls of 100 octane E30.27

I'll mix 311 mLs of U94 with 93 mLs of E98 and test that just to be sure of the <E31.

With me now using 100 octane fuel, maybe it's chip time. I dunno.
I guess I can always now run whatever top tier 91 is cheapest, if I want to.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Well… Got a bit greedy with the IS20 and gave it a bit too much boost past 5K rpms and then kaboom, kissed that turbo a good bye. So, I was in a dilemma in between get another (brand new) IS20 or spend $500 more for an IS38 plus IE IS38 file, since I already had their Stage 2 file and it was just a $350 upgrade. $500 was the price difference alltogether, since I already had spark plugs and some other stuff and bought all the components separately from ECS instead of in ECS’ kit and saved some money. Anyways, got the IS38 in with the tune file and oh my. From a 12.30 @ 110 with the unstacked IS20 went to an 11.77 @ 117 spinning a bit off the hole. So my question is, with the data below, would I be able to squeeze 1 more psi across the rpm range past 5K rpms if I stack it or should I just let it be as it is? Mind you that I live at about 125’ above sea level and the track sits at about 75’ above sea level. What is your (or anybody than can chime in) recommendation? Thank you again.

https://datazap.me/u/danelefren/ie-is38-stage-3?log=0&data=1-4
Flash the 91 tune and leave it unless you can get some Ethanol.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So.... is the AFR between 42 and 45 MPH anything for me to poop my pants about?
This log is very soon after adding the Ethanol to the tank.... any sort of adjustments the ECU should need some time to auto adjust to make? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

(I can't believe how dead this thread is- Diggs? Chris? Shorty?)
Log looks good, that lean spot is normal, you could go to 7psi from 4 to 7k if that is your limit and get an IC upgrade.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Log looks good, that lean spot is normal, you could go to 7psi from 4 to 7k if that is your limit and get an IC upgrade.
Cool! Nice to see ya- thanks! Diggs would always politely not respond when I'd ask if 7.5+ PSI was a good idea (sort of answered it by not saying it- could be okay, but past 7 is probably past safety) I'll start by widening my current 7psi range from tapered 5000, 5500 up to tapered 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000 and log again.

Last edited:

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Cool! Nice to see ya- thanks! Diggs would always politely not respond when I'd ask if 7.5+ PSI was a good idea (sort of answered it by not saying it- could be okay, but past 7 is probably past safety) I'll start by widening my current 7psi range from tapered 5000, 5500 up to tapered 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000 and log again.

https://datazap.me/u/johnnloki/log-1653244321?log=0&data=1-4

Edit: no cel, but I ran an obdeleven scan after the run.

P008700 at 6084 RPM- out of fuel at that boost at that rpm.

Backing the additive off again to 6.5 at 6k rpm, keep the 7 at 4500. Try to log again soon (was a big wind storm yesterday and there's trees and power lines down where I normally log, hence the not going deep into 4th).

If that shows as good at 4500rpm, I'll bump boost at 4000 RPMs to add 7 PSI.

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
https://datazap.me/u/johnnloki/log-1653244321?log=0&data=1-4

Edit: no cel, but I ran an obdeleven scan after the run.

P008700 at 6084 RPM- out of fuel at that boost at that rpm.

Backing the additive off again to 6.5 at 6k rpm, keep the 7 at 4500. Try to log again soon (was a big wind storm yesterday and there's trees and power lines down where I normally log, hence the not going deep into 4th).

If that shows as good at 4500rpm, I'll bump boost at 4000 RPMs to add 7 PSI.
Hey John, not out of fuel from what I can see are you sure that is not just a stored code. Some cars dont like FOL 60 and throws the code.

What trim is the highest your car can reach? If you have no issue with trims in the 40s lower FOL instead.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Nope- definitely not a stored code- the ODO readout and time on the OBDeleven is exactly at that point in my run (6080rpms or so).

No CEL, just a cursory check as I figured it might be worth looking, and that's definitely not a code I see on a normal scan.

Everything does indeed look good on that scan- AFR, trims, IATs, Boost1vsBoost2, etc.

I normally run FOL at 50 on 94 octane E10 (I think I'm going to confirm that ethanol percentage in the Ultra today).

So, are your thoughts that I should I try the FOL at 50, 55, etc?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Nope- definitely not a stored code- the ODO readout and time on the OBDeleven is exactly at that point in my run (6080rpms or so).

No CEL, just a cursory check as I figured it might be worth looking, and that's definitely not a code I see on a normal scan.

Everything does indeed look good on that scan- AFR, trims, IATs, Boost1vsBoost2, etc.

I normally run FOL at 50 on 94 octane E10 (I think I'm going to confirm that ethanol percentage in the Ultra today).

So, are your thoughts that I should I try the FOL at 50, 55, etc?
As long as your GTI is not one of those that cant go above 37 trim I would lower FOL, 50 is probably fine if its still on stock DP and not adding more than 7psi or try 55 should not make much of a difference.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
As long as your GTI is not one of those that cant go above 37 trim I would lower FOL, 50 is probably fine if its still on stock DP and not adding more than 7psi or try 55 should not make much of a difference.
How do I know if it is a GTI that can't go over 37? Yes to the stock downpipe. I'll give the test spot another go soon, with the 6.5 at 6k. BBQing some holiday pulled pork and doing some yard work.

Oh, and goody goody- I've got my Amazon ethanol tester, I've filled our volt full of 94, and then put 11L of "Definitely no other grade of fuel left in the hose" Petro Canada Ultra 94 in a Jerry Can.

Time to test Petro Canada Ultra94 for Ethanol content.

Edit: Confirmed- PetroU94 is indeed 10% Ethanol. 10.5% at most.

So, 2.5 Gals (9.46Ls) added to each tank will give me 100 Octane E30.55

Last edited:

lplim

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 GTI (LB9Z)
Last edited:

Wire55

Car(s)
'16 GTI S

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Been running jb4 map 2 since I got it installed. Originally ran on bone stock car but have since made changes to it. I currently have a catted downpipe, mst tip w/ afe filter, and an intercooler. Looking at ways I can start pushing it a bit further since I am no longer stock. Can anyone take a look at the logs and see what I can start on with map 6?

https://datazap.me/u/wire55/map-2-gti-dp-intake-ic?log=0

https://datazap.me/u/wire55/map-2-gti-dp-intake-ic?log=1
Boost seems low in general. I'd wait for a GTI guy to check in and take a look before proceeding. If all is OK, try map3 before asking for additional help. You need to see some aberrations before tweaking.

Wire55

Car(s)
'16 GTI S
Boost seems low in general. I'd wait for a GTI guy to check in and take a look before proceeding. If all is OK, try map3 before asking for additional help. You need to see some aberrations before tweaking.
Hey, I didn't know when I first posted I had to have pedal at 100. Did a few pulls this evening with pedal to the floor. It doesn't look like I'm pulling any timing throughout the rpm range

Here's the new log
https://datazap.me/u/wire55/gti-map2-dp-intake-ic?log=0