JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Ekim81

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
map2 vs 4
different firmware
not running any fueling bias
quite a few differences
I haven't changed the firmware since the last run, so unless it updated on it's own it should be the same. Last year was on Map 4, this year I ran once on Map 2 and twice on Map 4 to troubleshoot and see if the car ran any better.

Ekim81

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sorry saw 88/4 at first glance. Car made less timing this time out. Poor quality fuel and iats are main drivers of lack of timing advance. There are ecu tables that will intervene to limit timing. Change fuel bias to 100 all the way down rpm and see if that helps.
Appreciate the insight! I've never played with the fuel bias setting before, what exactly does that do?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Hard to tell what the differences are from those logs but overall advance is low on the 2nd one.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
MOAR
1624205365422.png

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone on here know why my JB4 running on firmware version 60/85//5 would keep switching from Map 0 passthrough to Map 4 automatically on a wot pull while logging?

Thanks

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Could be that you're on a selected map 4 with an intermittent OBD connection.

autom8r

Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Hi guys,
I am running map 1 on my 2018 Golf R DSG. I am in Canada and the best gas I can get is Chevron 94 which is actually not 94 octane in USA/World terms, it's more like 91 octane...

Unfortunately my car is pulling timing on map 1, causing 'jerky' acceleration, and I am unsure of how to fix this. My guess is that I will need a map 6 with lower boost than even map 1?

I have attached two logs (note: it was hot as hell today 92-94F) that I took merging onto the higway in Sport mode auto shifting. In the first log the car had sat for a while so IATs are a bit higher, but they are high in both logs.

I appreciate your help, I am feeling pretty crappy that I'm hitting a limit in map 1. Others have had great stories about map 2-4 and 6, I'd love to share in this joy somehow.

Thank you!

Attachments

• JB4 Logs 2 runs.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 62

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
What is your boost failsafe set at?
I havent checked since I just unplugged the jb4 to be safe. I did read this on another forum though and so I was beginning to suspect that it could have been the issue.

My only question would be why would the jb4 default to map 4 which is +6psi boost if that is its failsafe? I was thinking of using the jb4 as a meth controller but I may go another rout now since I have my accessport hooked up and have been using it for my guages and logging.

OceanJack

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Does the JB4 interface still support OSX? I was looking to download the desktop program but only found Windows and I'm having a hard time adding COM Ports to my pc. Tried to find the Mac interface but don't see it anywhere, just mobile Apple and Andriod apps

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I recall looking for an OSX version but I didn't find one. So I used my Windows laptop. I used a virtual com port and was able to connect to my computer.

If you have an Android phone...you can use an "OTG" cable that connects to your phone that will allow you to connect the data cable to your phone. This way you can use the JB4 app.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I havent checked since I just unplugged the jb4 to be safe. I did read this on another forum though and so I was beginning to suspect that it could have been the issue.

My only question would be why would the jb4 default to map 4 which is +6psi boost if that is its failsafe? I was thinking of using the jb4 as a meth controller but I may go another rout now since I have my accessport hooked up and have been using it for my guages and logging.

Your firmware may be old. Map 4 was safety map in some versions where it is half boost. Do yourself a favor and update to the latest firmware.