GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I bought 3 5 gallon tanks and then a 1/2 tank, when I have to fill up normally we shall see how long it last. I have about 2.5 gal left and just filled up. Went at the start of lockdown

That would last me about two weeks. Not feasible. An intercooler makes much more sense. Either that or quit my job, buy a gas station, and install my own E85 pump. Better yet, open a distillery and make my own.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
That would last me about two weeks. Not feasible. An intercooler makes much more sense. Either that or quit my job, buy a gas station, and install my own E85 pump. Better yet, open a distillery and make my own.
yeah then its just not gonna work, the closest place to me was like 40 min away so we shall see how long I last mixing when I actually have to drive to my job during the week

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
That being said for the above, say I get in a jam, and need to put in 93 running FOL 60, that doesn't really matter right? I only use the app via laptop so I wouldn't be able to change from 60 to 50 or 55 til home

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Are you running E- blend? If not you should since we have it everywhere in Sweden. I could run up to E35 with stock DP, 7psi add and FOL 60 without hitting trim limit.
Not sure how the OPF cars will respond so start at E25-30, I usually calculate E10 for petrol and E90 for E85 since E85 usually tests around 90% atleast here in the southeast.

Yeah I'm running 98 plus E85 around E25-E30. My station says E5 on the tap for 98. I usually put around 13 litres of E85 and fill up the rest with 98 when I refuel. Tank is 55 l. Car being Cupra and same engine as Golf R / S3 it likes FOL at 40.

Map is running 7 psi max, ran it at 7.5 at 4500-6000 without issues and was logging with George but backed off a little myself when I had issues, might bump it up again. Stock DP, just intake, hose, turbo elbow.

South of Sweden here too. :)

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Yeah I'm running 98 plus E85 around E25-E30. My station says E5 on the tap for 98. I usually put around 13 litres of E85 and fill up the rest with 98 when I refuel. Tank is 55 l. Car being Cupra and same engine as Golf R / S3 it likes FOL at 40.

Map is running 7 psi max, ran it at 7.5 at 4500-6000 without issues and was logging with George but backed off a little myself when I had issues, might bump it up again. Stock DP, just intake, hose, turbo elbow.

South of Sweden here too. :)
Only tested E85 this year, local OKQ8 was 91% and Ingo 93% but last year I tested E5 95ron to 8-9%. I run E40 now on custom stage 2 mixing with 95ron because the closest station is unmanned without 98ron but I doubt I would notice any difference.

Actually OKQ8s 95ron is good enough to run US93 tunes on, they where servicing the E85 tank once this winter so could only get petrol but it did not knock at all but when I tried Qstar 95 I got 1-2 degrees knock on a couple of cylinders so quickly added some Ethanol. 😬

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
Only tested E85 this year, local OKQ8 was 91% and Ingo 93% but last year I tested E5 95ron to 8-9%. I run E40 now on custom stage 2 mixing with 95ron because the closest station is unmanned without 98ron but I doubt I would notice any difference.

Actually OKQ8s 95ron is good enough to run US93 tunes on, they where servicing the E85 tank once this winter so could only get petrol but it did not knock at all but when I tried Qstar 95 I got 1-2 degrees knock on a couple of cylinders so quickly added some Ethanol. 😬

Nice :) E85 is lovely :p I usually go with Cirkle K 98 ron + E85. My local Ingo also has E85 but only 95 ron so I usually go with Cirkle K. Don't have any E85 tester but car runs great.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

The latter. Remember to put aside some hearts in the casks for bourbon later and save the four shot stuff for the tank 😁. Then go get an intercooler.

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
Tjena pröva att gå tillbaka till 60/85/5 mjukvaran, JB4an begär för lite laddtryck så den lägger inte på lika mycket som den borde. Har sett flera lustiga beteenden på dom 2 sista versionerna som jag inte hade på 6b eller 85.

Downgraded the firmware yesterday to 6b. Could not really determine which version 85 is? I'm having a hard time following the different versions and the naming scheme.
First pull:
https://datazap.me/u/callekl/clutch...0&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-11-14-18-19-25-26-27-28-29

Second pull upphill:
https://datazap.me/u/callekl/clutch...0&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-11-14-18-19-25-26-27-28-29

Full tank of 98RON with about ~9-10L of E85.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Downgraded the firmware yesterday to 6b. Could not really determine which version 85 is? I'm having a hard time following the different versions and the naming scheme.
First pull:

Second pull upphill:

Full tank of 98RON with about ~9-10L of E85.
Looks ok, the 85 firmware is the first under 60 VAG gen 3 in this link. There is also a new 88 firmware that is supposed to fix the ecu_psi issue.
https://dev.jb4connectkit.com/v1/firmwarelist.html

Pingers

Ready to race!
Hey all you cool cats and kittens. Been absent forever. I had a Custom Map 6 setup when I lived in Florida. Was using 93 Octane on top of 3 Gallons E85 when available.

Last year I moved to Colorado Springs where 91 Octane is as high as they go. I’ve been conservatively running Map 1 with 91 Octane and 3 Gallons E85. My question is, can I bump up to Map 2 with this mixture?

I’m debating my next move. My Warranty expired so I no longer care about flashing the ECU and may eventually move to Cobb EQT with a DSG tune but in the mean-time I’d like to once again get the most out of my JB4.

Also, I’m on FW 60/7/5 which I realize is dino-ages old. I hesitated moving past this because I heard the auto-clear of DP codes was removed (Future Use: D)? I think and I really don’t feel like jacking around with an O2 spacer. Is this still the case? No more auto-clear?

Just trying to play catch-up. I also saw a Map 5 was released for E30, but I’m not sure how much E85 would be needed on 91 Octane to achieve E30. I’m assuming more than 3 gallons

Pingers

Ready to race!
Just run map2 and see what it does. Leave firmware alone if it is working for you.

Never had any problems on this firmware, just pre-dates the E30 Map 5. I’ll run Map 2, post some logs and see where I’m at. Thanks Diggs-always appreciated your help!

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
I’ve been noticing some small corrections on ign2-5 recently on WOT. No logs right now can I probably find some. Currently running Map 3 with DP and FMIC so IAT’s are reasonably in check. Highest they’ve been getting is 102 in the hottest NYC days recently.

Car has just over 10k and is on stock spark plugs. I’m planning to try some ethanol soon but should I replace the plugs too.

I also added an HPA pendulum mount recently but it kind of coincides with the hotter weather so I’m not sure if it’s the IAT’s going up or some false corrections from NVH. The corrections are usually at the start of the pull and continue a little which is why I think it might just be NVH setting off the sensors. BFI stage 1 mounts were already in the car but have been fine so far and haven’t seen any corrections. I ran the winter on map 3 and never saw any corrections in my logs.

Thanks