GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

2014_TSI

oohh a wild Jetta enters the fray.....

Can't really drag it up any further it seems.

https://datazap.me/u/2014vwtsi/jb4-map-6?log=0&data=1-3-4

Surprised it can't read IAT.

Haha yeah, was googling around for JB4 info and golfmk7 came up a lot so I landed here :D

I get the IAT in the JB4 Mobile app and usually on my logs. It looks like the CSV here has it holding at 57. It’s like 30 degrees out here in southeast VA though. As long as everything looks healthy. Night and day from stock, even though it’s not on par with the crowd here, power-wise. Definitely fun to daily!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
oohh a wild Jetta enters the fray.....

Can't really drag it up any further it seems.

https://datazap.me/u/2014vwtsi/jb4-map-6?log=0&data=1-3-4

Surprised it can't read IAT.

How come in his log at 5718 rpm, even though he has 15* of ign_1 timing and his AFR is 13.5, his boost is not reaching target?

I thought as long as you having good timing and AFR that the car would allow more boost. Are we seeing a limitation on the actual turbo, to not be able to produce more boost?

Do we have a way to see the wastegate usage? meaning, to see if its completely closed at 5718 rpm, allowing maximum psi?

tknj99

Ready to race!
Now that we have a standardized "clutch saver map" it would be nice to determine some optimal map6 settings for other scenarios such as stock, stock with intake mod, stock with DP, etc.
I know that the discussion always heads to log map 2 and then we can tweak, but for those that just want to set it and forget it, i think it would be of value knowing full well that the canned tune settings determined may not be optimal due to regional variances, etc, but would maybe be 90% there...
what r your thoughts (Diggs?)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Now that we have a standardized "clutch saver map" it would be nice to determine some optimal map6 settings for other scenarios such as stock, stock with intake mod, stock with DP, etc.
I know that the discussion always heads to log map 2 and then we can tweak, but for those that just want to set it and forget it, i think it would be of value knowing full well that the canned tune settings determined may not be optimal due to regional variances, etc, but would maybe be 90% there...
what r your thoughts (Diggs?)

Can't standardize anything. Everyone has different gas, different IATs, different mods. Not all cars perform the same with the same mods even. Whoda thunk Costco 91 gas in Utah would be massively better than just about any other 91 in the USA? Better than most 93 logs I see. If you want to set and forget then just max it at 4psi+ from 4k+. Shouldn't ever have issues on a GTI at 4+.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How come in his log at 5718 rpm, even though he has 15* of ign_1 timing and his AFR is 13.5, his boost is not reaching target?

I thought as long as you having good timing and AFR that the car would allow more boost. Are we seeing a limitation on the actual turbo, to not be able to produce more boost?

Do we have a way to see the wastegate usage? meaning, to see if its completely closed at 5718 rpm, allowing maximum psi?

I have no idea what the algorithms are for Jettas.

JB4 doesn't show wastegate.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Can't standardize anything. Everyone has different gas, different IATs, different mods. Not all cars perform the same with the same mods even. Whoda thunk Costco 91 gas in Utah would be massively better than just about any other 91 in the USA? Better than most 93 logs I see. If you want to set and forget then just max it at 4psi+ from 4k+. Shouldn't ever have issues on a GTI at 4+.

Gotcha.. when you say max it, could you recommend if i should make any changes to max out from 4k + rpm.. attached is my current clutch saver map.. I always run 93 in VA, and all mods r in my sig.. thanks

Attachments

• JB4_Map6_011019_Clutch_Saver3.JPG
    JB4_Map6_011019_Clutch_Saver3.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 395

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!

I'm still learning but you defintely need an intercooler based on IAT, and you may want to turn down .5 psi from 4500 to 6000 as you have timing pull on multiple cylinders.

Looks to me like you are pushing for too much boost with your IAT (24 psi max, and 19 at redline) and your losing timing b/c of it.
Straight from George's mouth from the first post
"This car in the log has got relatively good timing going up to 10 degrees at peak rpm where boost is running at 20psi. If we raise the boost at peak to 22psi we might see a 5 degree drop of timing and we loose any power gains from the boost increase. Regardless in terms of targeting we do not suggest values higher than 18psi at peak rpm. Anything higher in our findings and the timing offset costs far more than the power gained in boost. From 16-18psi at redline we only seeing a average of 4-5whp so its up to the end user to decide how hard he want to push the turbo."

Last edited:

rodolfo

went back to map2, safety first.

didn't realize my IAT was so hot, was not a hot day when I pull this log guess it was around 28 Celcius outside

thanks Diggs and ALE , I'll look out for an Intercooler for my next mod!