GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jb4 gti vs 5.0 mustang

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
So I was playing with the jb4, running map1 with 93 and 2 gallons of e85. Took my friend for a ride...it was kinda hot and iat's where about 110. We pulled onto the highway ramp and a 5.0 mustang was in front of us and wanted to play...so he nailed it and I followed, 2nd, 3rd and 4th pull up to about 90....he could not pull further ahead on me. My car felt kinda flat, but we stayed with him....is this an expected result? Don't ask me the year of the mustang...they all look the same to me.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So I was playing with the jb4, running map1 with 93 and 2 gallons of e85. Took my friend for a ride...it was kinda hot and iat's where about 110. We pulled onto the highway ramp and a 5.0 mustang was in front of us and wanted to play...so he nailed it and I followed, 2nd, 3rd and 4th pull up to about 90....he could not pull further ahead on me. My car felt kinda flat, but we stayed with him....is this an expected result? Don't ask me the year of the mustang...they all look the same to me.

Sounds about right. Now you’ve got a taste of what these cars can do with some simple mods.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Would depend on what year of Mustang it was. With a JB4 and 2 gallons of E you wouldn't keep up with a new Mustang.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Would depend on what year of Mustang it was. With a JB4 and 2 gallons of E you wouldn't keep up with a new Mustang.
Could have been an EcoBoost High Performance. 330hp/350lb/ft and the 10s would probably be a fair fight. I didn't realize they came with a 3.55 limited slip, P Zero Corsas and Magnaride. Not bad.