GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jb4 91 octane high altitude

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
Hey guys, looking for some guidance. Purchased used and installed jb4.. little nervous about running map 1 being around 6k altitude and only having access to 91 octane. Not too mention it gets HOT in the summer. Big question is, if I just stay on map 1 with no other adjustments will I be fine? I’d ask George to help however gave up that right with buying used. Any input is appreciated.

Buck43

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE
Should have mentioned as well, not a lot of driving takes place either. I rarely drive more than 10 miles in a day and won’t for the foreseeable future. Also as a note, don’t really want to do any e85 blends etc.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Map 1 only puts out 4psi. That's less than the Neuspeed power module. I'm willing to bet that you'll be just fine.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hey guys, looking for some guidance. Purchased used and installed jb4.. little nervous about running map 1 being around 6k altitude and only having access to 91 octane. Not too mention it gets HOT in the summer. Big question is, if I just stay on map 1 with no other adjustments will I be fine? I’d ask George to help however gave up that right with buying used. Any input is appreciated.
I’m near Denver. Dude with a jb4 I met said map 1 is fine. Map 2 is too aggressive. But a custom map 6 is the way to go up here.

and like @jimlloyd40 said, we don’t need more octane up here. It would still be great to get 93 octane though 😂

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’m near Denver. Dude with a jb4 I met said map 1 is fine. Map 2 is too aggressive. But a custom map 6 is the way to go up here.

and like @jimlloyd40 said, we don’t need more octane up here. It would still be great to get 93 octane though 😂
I can't even get 93 in Phoenix. It sucks because I could quit using Torco. Don't want to run ethanol because of the fuel mileage reduction and no station close to me anyway.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Kinda what I was thinking. I suppose if I experience any crazy things I can log and check but wanting to be careful I suppose lol “careful modding” 🤣

Map 1 also does not use the signal from the AFR wire. The JB4 is still just a piggy back. It does not modify anything in the ECU. All the factory safety protocols are still in place. What you can do is put the JB4 back to its factory settings. This way you can be sure that its working off all its default settings. The default settings are on the first page of the JB4 thread.