GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1 vs JB4 Dyno Data

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Here is the results of my JB1 vs JB4 comparison. As you can see I didnt make much more power. I'm having an issue with the car pulling timing higher up in the rev range. All runs in 4th gear so the RPM is limited due to the speed limiter.

The JB1 dyno was done back in November running 93oct and Map 6 with a few tweaks by George:

For the JB4 dyno I was more prepared. I brought my laptop and had my mechanic log AFR from the exhaust so there is ALOT more data if you're into that. The first run was on Map 6, again with a few tweaks from George, I cant remember exactly what we changed after I installed the JB4 upgraded kit.

Run 1, Map 6:

Run 2, Map 2:

You guys have any idea whats causing the timing pull? I looked back at all my logs, even the JB1 ones that I sent to George and there is alot of timing being pulled in most of them higher up in the rev range.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I don't see any pull. I see timing advance which is ignition 1. You want that high in the rev range :) for a Mustang dyno, those are really good numbers! Especially if you consider it's not to redline and would make more

If you switch to the pro/advanced view (forget name) you can see all the other parameters like the pull and IATs. If you send us a screenshot of that, we can see it better

themyst

Ready to race!
Nice peak numbers!

I am wondering what we can do to sustain peak power throughout more of the powerband like the flash tunes, you typically see max power sustained from 4500 and taper off up top. hard to make an apples to apples comparison though because of that annoying governor.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
All tunes pretty much seem to taper around 5000rpm. Just a limitation of the turbo and is why the IS38 holds much more up top

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
What are your mods? 10whp is not bad for an additional $50 JB4 upgrade.
I did 262whp/316ftlbs with NPM in 3rd gear. Haven't dyno'd with the JB4 yet but if feels far better than the NPM.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Seems like your leaving some torque on the table with your map 6. You can probably get more across the lower range. Also, why not a third gear pull so you could get peak hp?

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Seems like your leaving some torque on the table with your map 6. You can probably get more across the lower range. Also, why not a third gear pull so you could get peak hp?

Our 4th gear are a 1:1 ratio and give the best possible numbers minus the governor thing.

Venumous

Ready to race!
291whp on a Mustang Dyno at only 21psi target at only 5500RPM? I'd say that is pretty damn good.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
^^^he's right! I failed to realize it's a mustang dyno sheet. You can probably add about 12% to those numbers (or so I read) for similar dyno jet numbers

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Map6 Pro View:

Map2 Pro View:

My mods are just a CTS catless downpipe and CTS Intake, I put a Neuspeed IS38 Intercooler on last night but it wasnt on during the dyno.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Map6 Pro View:

Map2 Pro View:

My mods are just a CTS catless downpipe and CTS Intake, I put a Neuspeed IS38 Intercooler on last night but it wasnt on during the dyno.

Wow 14.6 target?? That absolute or additive? Looks like you're not hitting target if additive but way high if absolute. Not sure how that affects anything. Also, try adding ign 2-5 to see corrections.

Perry01

Ready to race!

Nice dyno results!

If you include ignition 2, 3, 4, 5 you can see if there is any timing pull.