GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I will say that I called Tom Bush VW (a lot closer to where I live), and the "service advisor" I spoke to was clearly in some corporate call center elsewhere in Florida reading from a prompt and didn't seem to know anything about cars.

I then called Osteen and it was a much better experience. The guy I spoke to was very nice and seemed like he was willing to work with me over potentially getting a loaner car. Hopefully it's a painless experience overall (dealing with dealers rarely is).

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Now dealing with CEL issues related to my downpipe/o2 sensor. I should have seen this coming.... :(

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Now dealing with CEL issues related to my downpipe/o2 sensor. I should have seen this coming.... :(
Did you try spacer yet?

This is why I'm going to save up and just buy a Braun GESI II catted DP. I don't want to deal with this kind of stuff.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Did you try spacer yet?

This is why I'm going to save up and just buy a Braun GESI II catted DP. I don't want to deal with this kind of stuff.

Yeah I used a spacer, and I am getting the p013e code for a delayed response. I've read that it means the o2 sensor is too far out of the exhaust stream. It's an adjustable spacer so I'm going to play around with it.

As far as the GESI cats, I thought I read somewhere that those can still cause CELs as well? My HPA DP has a 300 cell cat. They used to utilize GESI but they switched brands for whatever reason. I assumed it would be the same or better quality. Maybe not.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah I used a spacer, and I am getting the p013e code for a delayed response. I've read that it means the o2 sensor is too far out of the exhaust stream. It's an adjustable spacer so I'm going to play around with it.

As far as the GESI cats, I thought I read somewhere that those can still cause CELs as well? My HPA DP has a 300 cell cat. They used to utilize GESI but they switched brands for whatever reason. I assumed it would be the same or better quality. Maybe not.

My understanding is GESI and GESI II are different specs.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Ahh sorry, didn't even catch the II when I was reading your post 😅

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
What's going on guys? So I got my oil pan replaced at Osteen yesterday. Was given no issues with my modifications in regards to my warranty. They were pretty good to work with. They couldn't identify any leakage in my coolant system though, so I did not get the water pump/thermostat housing replaced. I guess I imagined the coolant loss? Don't know.

Oh and I'm still dealing with check engine lights. I need to get under my car and adjust my o2 spacer or find another solution. I'm loving the sound of the aftermarket downpipe/stock catback. I really don't want to revert back to stock.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Oh forgot to mention they did the recall for the razor blade shifter trim. I wasn't having any issues with it (yet) but they did it anwyays.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Not sure! Honestly I'm not too concerned about it. I have some extra VW spec coolant on hand if needed and if it is indeed leaking, it is EXTREMELY slow. Theoretically I should be okay.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I smell coolant when car is hot, but don't see any leak and not losing any coolant.

Gotta love VW water pumps. Shitty since the mk1 and keeping the tradition alive.