GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sheesh that's annoying. I've learned over the years how to "feel" when a bolt has enough torque on it. I've learned the hard way by snapping and stripping out many bolts. Also what do you mean by oval? That's not really making sense to me?
The art of the ugga dugga.

I'm well versed.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
16565463408984554990977528618601.jpg

Maybe not oval, but oblong. It doesn't go through a die. It's like lopsided.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Also, I've changed/regapped my spark plugs every 5k miles for 75k miles soo, that's a lot of tightening and untightening.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Weird.... that's not how fasteners normally work lol

Damn I know you're big turbo and custom tune but why so often?
Because I use Ethanol. There's an amount of oil dilution that happens when using ethanol. (Looses viscosity) Plus, I'm old school 10k miles between oil changes on a high performance car seems not right. Better safe than sorry.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
On that note..... is it necessary to change my plugs out for new ones with the stage 1 tune? Or at the least re-gap my oem plugs? I'm seeing mixed information online. From what I read the stock plugs are just fine at stage 1 power levels.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
On that note..... is it necessary to change my plugs out for new ones with the stage 1 tune? Or at the least re-gap my oem plugs? I'm seeing mixed information online. From what I read the stock plugs are just fine at stage 1 power levels.
If your plugs are in good condition, simply re-gapping is usually all you need. Some people don’t even do that, but I’ve had issues once before on the stock gap.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
How many miles if under 50k just regap. Close to or over it can't hurt to swap. Just my two cents. I swapped mine out at like 15k. I'm crazy.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I'm only at 17k miles. I'll just keep stock plugs and re-gap them. Easy-peasy.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone doing the cruise from Avenues to Fernandina tomorrow?