GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
damn dude, you’re killing me.

Don't worry, I'm running out of fun money. Probably going to chill out on modifications for a little while. An intercooler is probably next on my list though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Never ever have I nuked the $hit out of getting springs and other necessary hardware in my life.
I spent a year and a half changing and swapping things until I was happy. I've done the suspension on my 3 year old car 4 times. Lol.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I had an oh shit moment yesterday. I slightly stripped out my number 3 coil pack bolt some time ago, but I have been able to get away with holding down the coil pack and getting the bolt to catch enough. Well last week enough wasn't enough.
I was getting random misfires and realized it was loose, like I could just lift the bolt out loose. I tried a tap and die with no luck. I didn't want to helicoil it, so I got a new bolt from ace and thank God it works.

Moral of the story... go easy on your coil pack bolts, also the bolt is freaking oval! It does not go through a die easily at all. Running it through the die made it worse.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I had an oh shit moment yesterday. I slightly stripped out my number 3 coil pack bolt some time ago, but I have been able to get away with holding down the coil pack and getting the bolt to catch enough. Well last week enough wasn't enough.
I was getting random misfires and realized it was loose, like I could just lift the bolt out loose. I tried a tap and die with no luck. I didn't want to helicoil it, so I got a new bolt from ace and thank God it works.

Moral of the story... go easy on your coil pack bolts, also the bolt is freaking oval! It does not go through a die easily at all. Running it through the die made it worse.

Sheesh that's annoying. I've learned over the years how to "feel" when a bolt has enough torque on it. I've learned the hard way by snapping and stripping out many bolts. Also what do you mean by oval? That's not really making sense to me?