GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
OEM most likely. Haven't researched aftermarket. What's the benefit?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone that wants to install springs I'm willing to help.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Anyone that wants to install springs I'm willing to help.
Appreciate the offer.

The only thing holding me up from doing the job is all the hardware to buy.

I know for the front I want to replace strut mounts and bearings (not sure OEM or aftermarket). I was told I would have noise with stock unless he meant if I kept the current stock mounts and bearings and would be ok with new OEM mounts and bearings.

I also need to find out what to replace, if anything, in the rear. It’s my assumption that there is only mounts and bearings in the front.

All my previous cars I never nuked this decision. I just bought springs and put in and was good to go.

I have a POC mech at OP VW that said he would do my spring job for $300. Beats $900 I was quoted.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
300 is reasonable. See if he wants to install an intercooler.

We'll all sit around drinking beer and watch him work. 🤣🤣🤣

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
300 is reasonable. See if he wants to install an intercooler.

We'll all sit around drinking beer and watch him work. 🤣🤣🤣
He loves this stuff. He has an R. He was telling me he’d install my clutch and turbo as well. If you want an intercooler installed I can have him reach out to you.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
He loves this stuff. He has an R. He was telling me he’d install my clutch and turbo as well. If you want an intercooler installed I can have him reach out to you.
It might be the best way for me to get it done. I've procrastinated for months now. I will miss seeing it everyday in my office though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We probably live down the street from each other, we’ll have to grab lunch or a beer sometime. Make Matt jealous. 🤣
Matt gets me on the weekends. There's no reason to fight over me. Lol.

Seriously though, let's grab lunch next week. I should be able to do weds or Thurs.

And Matt's welcome to come too, I guess. 🤣

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I can’t spend too much time with Sean anyways because he recommends too many ways for me to spend my money 😩😆.

Last edited:

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Matt gets me on the weekends. There's no reason to fight over me. Lol.

Seriously though, let's grab lunch next week. I should be able to do weds or Thurs.

And Matt's welcome to come too, I guess. 🤣
Ummm…I’ll determine that.