GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jason Cammisa MK8 Hagerty review... OUCH

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Because Jason Cammisa is one of if not the best car reviewer out there IMO. That being said I would expect him to be especially critical of this car as he is quite the VW fan and as such has high expectations.

FWIW he loves the Mk7

That can work two ways. Either one, he fanboi's over them and over sights flaws/brushes them off like they're nothing. Or yes, #2, he can actually give a valid opinion on something as to whether it sucks or not because he truly cares.

My VW blowing buddy at work will preach VWs all day on how great they are while his car is in the shop with over 2k in repairs.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
My VW blowing buddy at work will preach VWs all day on how great they are while his car is in the shop with over 2k in repairs.
Wait, outside of the Golf/GTI/R there aren't really VW's that people like, right? VW seems like the equivalent of an automotive one hit wonder.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
That can work two ways. Either one, he fanboi's over them and over sights flaws/brushes them off like they're nothing. Or yes, #2, he can actually give a valid opinion on something as to whether it sucks or not because he truly cares.

FWIW... he clearly states that he takes the MK7 over the MK8, and point all the shortcomings of the MK8.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Wait, outside of the Golf/GTI/R there aren't really VW's that people like, right? VW seems like the equivalent of an automotive one hit wonder.
Dark blue VW Classic Beetle | Vw classic, Vw beetle classic, Volkswagen  beetle

Two hit wonder... but in all reality, I think the Scirocco, and the Corrado are also great cars. I don't know about the new Scirocco thought, haven't seen one in person to have an opinion.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Dark blue VW Classic Beetle | Vw classic, Vw beetle classic, Volkswagen  beetle

Two hit wonder... but in all reality, I think the Scirocco, and the Corrado are also great cars. I don't know about the new Scirocco thought, haven't seen one in person to have an opinion.
Ha, well yeah, I just meant in the current era. The new Scirocco has already been dead for years again.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
All I'm annoyed about is that I originally leased my 7.5 thinking I'll get the 8 when the lease ends. Had I known the 8 would be what was delivered I would have just bought the car to begin with.

I guess I'll keep the 7.5 until either the 8.5 or 9

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Because Jason Cammisa is one of if not the best car reviewer out there IMO. That being said I would expect him to be especially critical of this car as he is quite the VW fan and as such has high expectations.

FWIW he loves the Mk7
if this doesn't sell you on him, i don't know what would

I don't pay attention nor listen to any car reviewer out there, online or in print. I buy what I like, regardless of what some needle dick car reviewer has to say about it.