GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if its the camera angle not helping or those headrests are way too small but they look like they're made for these guys

I don't know if its the camera angle not helping or those headrests are way too small but they look like they're made for these guys. They certainly still do the job they were designed for and are actually safer due to improved visibility. I sit quite tall and only had to move the drivers up on notch.

Eye of the beholder apparently. The are larger than the Euro sport headrests people pay good money for. They still do the job intended and safer due to better visibility. I sit quite tall and only had to move the driver's up one notch. I think you're just accustomed to the OEM sails. These fit me perfectly.

Drys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GSW TDI
Added the Golf R vertical fins to my GSW. Fitting this was tricky as you had to place it gently first, push up and down on the top part and adhere. I haven't added any sealant, probably wont bother.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Added the Golf R vertical fins to my GSW. Fitting this was tricky as you had to place it gently first, push up and down on the top part and adhere. I haven't added any sealant, probably wont bother.
Have had mine on for 2 years now, haven't needed any sealant.

17GTICSG

Need a suggestion for filling front bumper on 19 White Golf SE.......

Dealer not only drilled holes for OE black Lic Brkt BUT then drilled Two more Where Lic attaches to
the Brkt....Might just be better to run the Brkt and Plate at this point but I sure dont like it....

Bumper Plugs.com wants $27 for two plugs ....ouch

Buy nylon plugs at Home Depot or Lowe's:
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Hole-plugs-Specialty-hardware-Hardware/4294711044
If you have to buy them a little bigger than current holes, so be it; you'll then have to drill the bumper to clean up the mess the dealership made and to ensure the new plugs fit well.

Paint the new nylon plugs with touch-up paint to match your car, then paint the plugs with clear.

Costs a FRACTION of what the Bumper Plugs cost.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Buy nylon plugs at Home Depot or Lowe's.
If you have to buy them a little bigger than current holes, so be it; you'll then have to drill the bumper to clean up the mess the dealership made and to ensure the new plugs fit well.

Paint the new nylon plugs with touch-up paint to match your car, then paint the plugs with clear.

Costs a FRACTION of what the Bumper Plugs cost.
Let's see it.

Here's my solution. Custom lathed plugs. Good, not great. Paint doesn't seem to want to stick and comes off at edges.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You guys got links to blacked out badge replacements for my 2017 Golf R? VW logo that is, that hopefully matches my gloss black R. Really don't wanna buy a cheap one that will break/peel.
I got mine from eBay

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i tried badgeskins license plate stickers on my white one and they really didn't match. colormatched plugs, though they stick out some, just looked better to me.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
Your above LOWE's link is of NO specifc Help that I can see...........????

I understand the concept.....but looking best LOOKING lowest contour head plugs ???

Chuck S Auburn,WA

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Your above LOWE's link is of NO specifc Help that I can see...........????

I understand the concept.....but looking best LOOKING lowest contour head plugs ???

Chuck S Auburn,WA
Lowes link is literally specific help, takes you right to the page with holes plugs which is the end goal here... And whats with the weird caps? Why are you yelling random words at us?

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
imthanick_a.......I understand that Capitals are Yelling.....but in this case I'm using Capitals
to emphasize !!!! or should I use Bolding instead.
Wasnt my intent to disturb your sensitive feelings.......

Attachments

• 81a355e2dc1be18d177edbae61a6f263.jpg
    81a355e2dc1be18d177edbae61a6f263.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 110