GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Wow, pretty straight forward install, out of the way and an amazing amount of light. I'm ready to pull the trigger on of those.

Thanks, you won't be sorry, this also has a stealthy all black wire that will allow you to install it anywhere in your trunk.

This also won't shut off when your car dome leds shut off or voltage is lowered in your car which is a common issue.

DCCSGMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
That is the design of the housing itself, that is why we suggest our 48 trunk LED strip if you are looking for something brighter - it is all:
-plug and play
-comes with the 42mm adapter so the wire fits right in your OEM housing
-3m tape/velcro
these are bright and a clean white

I wasn't knocking the deautokey LED housing that I installed. The housing and placement makes it inherently poor at lighting the other side of the trunk sufficiently, regardless if it's LED or stock incandescent. I've seen your LED strip and other users' DIY LED strips on this forum, but I prefer a clean look without exposed wires. The lighting example of the strip placed at the floor looks impressive when the trunk is empty, but I can't imagine that it would be as functional when the trunk is full and blocking the strip.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu

Reminds me of:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Is there way too get different color side mirrors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

You can find covers on eBay. Then paint them the color you'd like. Or see if a member is willing to sell you there's.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion

efa5

Ready to race!
Great idea! Going to grab one as soon as my next ebates cheque gets deposited haha.

While the deautokey trunk LED+housing that I have is whiter and slightly brighter, it doesn't quite light up the left side enough for me so I bought a motion sensing LED bar from Amazon for about $20.

I attached to the recessed area on the underside of the parcel shelf, so I can't even tell that it's there when standing directly behind the hatch. It also comes with magnetic adhesive strips so it can be easily removed/replaced an emergency light.

Rechargeable via mini USB but I haven't had to recharge it yet for the 1.5 months that it has been in use. It automatically turns on as soon as I pop the hatch and the switch also has a constant On position if needed.

Best 20 bucks that I spent so far on this car. :D

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
While the deautokey trunk LED+housing that I have is whiter and slightly brighter, it doesn't quite light up the left side enough for me so I bought a motion sensing LED bar from Amazon for about $20.

I attached to the recessed area on the underside of the parcel shelf, so I can't even tell that it's there when standing directly behind the hatch. It also comes with magnetic adhesive strips so it can be easily removed/replaced an emergency light.

Rechargeable via mini USB but I haven't had to recharge it yet for the 1.5 months that it has been in use. It automatically turns on as soon as I pop the hatch and the switch also has a constant On position if needed.

Best 20 bucks that I spent so far on this car. :D
Well done. I did something similar after realizing i wasn't satisfied with the output of a single dome light in the rear. I spliced in a wire harness and ran it around the trunk to have a second light on the right side. Light's only imbalanced because i used a less bright bulb setup since i had it laying around. Eventually it'll get replaced with another deauto unit.
2017-01-12 19.11.55
by VA Sprinks, on Flickr

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I wasn't knocking the deautokey LED housing that I installed. The housing and placement makes it inherently poor at lighting the other side of the trunk sufficiently, regardless if it's LED or stock incandescent. I've seen your LED strip and other users' DIY LED strips on this forum, but I prefer a clean look without exposed wires. The lighting example of the strip placed at the floor looks impressive when the trunk is empty, but I can't imagine that it would be as functional when the trunk is full and blocking the strip.

Sorry, not replying because you were, only adding some information. You can place the trunk strip anywhere, on top/side - people have done it all - it includes a 4ft stealthy black wire, it can go anywhere in your trunk and then the wire can be tucked into the trunk housing and inside various trim inside the trunk.

We don't imagine many people want to tap or splice into wiring and our trunk strip uses the OEM adapter / trunk housing so you don't have to, people will be wondering where all that light is coming from when they don't see any light coming from the actual trunk housing. But your setup is good too, we were not trying to knock it either.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!

Plastidip, very easy to do and can peel it back off at anytime, leaves no residue behind and protects the original paintwork. I've used the spray, don't know what the paints like. Get a can of glossifier too if you want them to shine. You'll have them recoloured in a day. Or wrap them with vinyl, again easy and done in a day. Both can be done DIY, I had no experience before I did mine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk