GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not technically a cosmetic mod, but kind of, and it is subtle. Brembos powder coated with GTI decals to look like PP brakes. I didn't want anyone to really notice them.

20200103_173112.jpg

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Not technically a cosmetic mod, but kind of, and it is subtle. Brembos powder coated with GTI decals to look like PP brakes. I didn't want anyone to really notice them.

View attachment 193544
Came out great! But, you didn’t want anyone to notice you better/upgraded stopping ability? Is it due to a class qualifications (SCCA or something similar)?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Came out great! But, you didn’t want anyone to notice you better/upgraded stopping ability? Is it due to a class qualifications (SCCA or something similar)?

No, I just like mods that look factory.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
I don't know if its the camera angle not helping or those headrests are way too small but they look like they're made for these guys

They have these headreasts in the rear for BMWs too.. they actually are much easier to see out of in the rear window I can vouch for that

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
They have these headreasts in the rear for BMWs too.. they actually are much easier to see out of in the rear window I can vouch for that
"Moved the rears to the front" is what I was referencing in my original reply to the guy. Go back and look at the picture, they look hilarious. New rears look fine, old rears in front look tiny.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Got my badge inserts from NTBVinyls... Can't upload pics yet but they came out great! I went with black to ditch all the red, a bit too flashy for my taste and it retains the chrome around the edges. They provided a small pick-type tool to make application easier, and shipping was quick. I then also got some gloss black vinyl to wrap the red stripe on the grille, with a little heat gun work and a razor blade it came out very nicely, and has held up for the last month or so without any issues. From ~5 feet away it looks immaculate, closer up there are some minor imperfections I may work out when I pull the grille/bumper to install my new headlights from BEC Autoparts but the postal service is taking their sweet old time to get them to me.

In any case, I'll post photos when I get the opportunity, it appears NTBVinyl's site is under construction in the moment but they were the only vendor I found who offered inlays for the fender blades, rather than painting or replacing them with a whole new piece.

Edit: I was not aware that others offer inlays, I hadn't seen them from others when I was shopping.

Last edited: