GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

it's that time again - remote start latest greatest

gulshan

Anyone recently researched and got the latest greatest remote start installed on their mk7 gti ? Ideally i want the one you can start and get feedback from android phone. I don't care about immobilizer bypass/security risk etc. Just need the most convenient , longest range and must provide feedback to know if car actually started. Please let me know which one you got installed.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I wanna add to his question by specifying MANUAL cars!

gulshan

Answering my own question for community benefit.
The best remote start option for the mk7 is under development. Should be ready in about 6 months. (you will not lose a key). Most new VW's covered except mk7 as of now. Drone mobile can be added on.
http://www.12voltnews.com/2016/08/1...-start-solution-integrated-bypass-technology/

if link no work google for "idatastart vwx vw"

Second best option if you dont mind losing a key.
Best buy has multiple options with the drone add on. Note that when you go to the store some of the remote systems will show as 2016 GTI not supported. You need to tell them to use 2015 firmware. Works fine on 2016

enjoy

Last edited:

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
Answering my own question for community benefit.
The best remote start option for the mk7 is under development. Should be ready in about 6 months. (you will not lose a key). Most new VW's covered except mk7 as of now. Drone mobile can be added on.
http://www.12voltnews.com/2016/08/1...-start-solution-integrated-bypass-technology/

if link no work google for "idatastart vwx vw"

Second best option if you dont mind losing a key.
Best buy has multiple options with the drone add on. Note that when you go to the store some of the remote systems will show as 2016 GTI not supported. You need to tell them to use 2015 firmware. Works fine on 2016

enjoy

Ok, that has my ears perked up!

gulshan

Will these work with manual trans models too?
Yep. Most systems work on MT as long as you put in neutral and put hand brake before exiting. But you will have to start engine and stop again if someone opens the door before you remote start on MT cars. See copy paste from google.

[FONT=&quot]As long as no-one has opened the door since you exited, the car will start. If the door was opened, the car will not start. This is a safety feature to ensure that no one has gotten in the vehicle and put it back in gear. Opening the door interrupts the specific series of events that needs to happen in order to start the MT car remotely[/FONT]

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I do them for a living. I've done about 15 MK7's so far. Any competent shop should be able to take care of you guys. Need to lose a key still, and manual is possible as well.

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Yep. Most systems work on MT as long as you put in neutral and put hand brake before exiting. But you will have to start engine and stop again if someone opens the door before you remote start on MT cars. See copy paste from google.

[FONT=&quot]As long as no-one has opened the door since you exited, the car will start. If the door was opened, the car will not start. This is a safety feature to ensure that no one has gotten in the vehicle and put it back in gear. Opening the door interrupts the specific series of events that needs to happen in order to start the MT car remotely[/FONT]

Thanks for that. I've always wondered.. I run out to my car enough because I forgot something, or run around to the other side to grab groceries. Or my kid :) I'd be that guy wondering why the car didn't start the next day.

Rumrunner

Passed Driver's Ed
I do them for a living. I've done about 15 MK7's so far. Any competent shop should be able to take care of you guys. Need to lose a key still, and manual is possible as well.

I have a 2015 GTI with a remote start that I bought used. The PO said he needed to give-up a key too. My question is can I buy another key so I have two again? Only one keyless fob worries my wife.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 2015 GTI with a remote start that I bought used. The PO said he needed to give-up a key too. My question is can I buy another key so I have two again? Only one keyless fob worries my wife.

Yes yu can buy another key and have it programmed, but you need to get all three reprogrammed at the same time.