GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It was an impulse buy..

notaclevername

Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2012 F250
Oh hey! I bought a 2017 GTI yesterday as a daily to give my F250 a break. Other than the truck I’ve owned several WRXs and STis for over a decade. I don’t know jack about VW and had never driven one before until now. Totally new I’m looking forward to a lot of reading to learn all the things. I’m in NC so any suggestions for which shop to go to for work would be great, it’s only a matter of time before I want go faster goodies.

Also has anyone figured out how to turn off the REMOVE KEY super loud beeping when the key is in the ignition in the off position when the driver’s door opens? I hunted around a few threads but haven’t found an answer yet.
Obligatory fresh purchase photo.
21758F31-E7B7-490A-8348-55A49AD55021.jpeg

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
This Link should be what you're looking for.
https://sites.google.com/a/naturaln...ow-to/comfort/disable-door-open-ignition-tone
You're going to need a scan tool that can modify vehicle parameters. The 2 leaders for VWs are OBDeleven which is bluetooth, cheaper, but less specialized, and VCDS which is more VW specific, requires a Windows PC and is expensive. There's probably a few VW owners in your area that will let you use their programmer, this forum is a good place to check for that.

Last edited:

Zodiac

Passed Driver's Ed
Depending on where you are in NC can help people provide you with shops. Black forest industries in Cary and Apex Tuning in Apex seem to be highly recommended.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Welcome to NC. There are plenty of good shops in this state and the NC VAG FB page can be a good source for local meets and information, although with anything on FB, it can become a cesspool at times.