GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

it just keeps getting better!!!!!!

gtchris1

Ready to race!
after the 4th time of saying there wasnt anything wrong with my car i took it in last week and a mechanic drove my car and said there wasnt something right and told me too book it back in.
i really believed i was starting to get somewhere so 9.00 am this morning it was taken in to vw dealer by my inlaw.
just had the phone call and guess what???yes thats right they cant find anything the matter with it lol!!!
unreal.
i said a mechanic told me too book it in last week because there was something wrong.
now they are saying its the characteristics of that particular model/engine.
i did ask if i could drive another veichle the same as mine but apparantly they havent got one at the dealership so i could compare the two.
really dont know what else to do now,so angry and pissed right now.
just dont seem to be getting any help with this issue and fobbed off.
does any other 1.4 tsi owners get this trouble because apparantly its normal for this car???

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
whats the issue your having? you forgot to put that

nvm found the other thread.... stick to one damn thread

Stripey

Ready to race!
Sounds about right for vw customer service in the UK. I'd give up of I were you and enjoy the time with the car while you can. After a year of a similar experience with
my car vs 2 different dealers (different issue to yours though) I gave up because I had better things to do with my time than make multiple (wasted) trips to the dealer.

To be fair, dealers hands are tied to some extent, it's vwuk you have get on your side so they authorise a dealer to do the correct work

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Whenever i pull away or change gear i hear and feel a rattle sound.its like a pinking sound.
It seems to happen after i release the clutch.if i seem to jerk the car i can feel it too.not sure if it is normal?.something just doesnt seem right.
So frustrating because i love this car to bits.its an awesome bit of kit.
The noise is so annoying.
I dont really think there is much more i can do.
Im just gonna have to try and put up with it and like u said enjoy it lol.!!.

Unor92

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi I have the same rattle if it's this sound you mean,

https://youtu.be/cd3ClAJIsgo

VW dealer here in Sweden said it's coming from the DSG7 as it works just like a "manual transmission" and it makes that noise when changing gears idk if it's right but that's what he said the sound is pissing me off also cause it sounds whenever I slow down on speed bumps and such.... please let me know if it's this sound you also hear and if VW does something to your car that solves it.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Unor92 that sounds very like mine.
When you have chance park the car,open the bonnet or hood for the americans lol!!!.
Keep your door open and try and pull away.the handbrake wont release because of the door being open.i get the rattle when i do that to.do you?.that sounds exactly what like what mine does.
It is very annoying .
The car its self is great.its just the rattle inbetween gears.
Dont actually try and move off because it wont do the clutch much good.just bounce it if u know what i mean.u have dsg so not sure if its same principal.never had a dsg gearbox.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38TSYhFIDs

ive put a video on off the rattle when i try to move away stationery.
not the best but you can slightly make it out.

I've just had a close look & listen to that............

Sounds & looks like the engine is moving "upwards" to much & it makes the noise (rattle) at the top of movement.

Now considering the engine is vibrating as well as moving upwards (just look at the drivers side (left of picture) engine mount I recon the engine is hitting something at the top of the movement...

The tell tale is that fact that later on in the video you have moments where you do not rev it as much, so the engine does not move so much & does not create the noise........

gtchris1

Ready to race!
I can also feel a vibration underneath me also dave.it also makes that rattle after ive released the clutch from changing gears.if i change gear and release clutch very slowly it doesnt happen.
I know its hard to tell just from a video but does that seem normal too u.the engine moves quite a lot in my opinion also.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I can also feel a vibration underneath me also dave.it also makes that rattle after ive released the clutch from changing gears.if i change gear and release clutch very slowly it doesnt happen.
I know its hard to tell just from a video but does that seem normal too u.the engine moves quite a lot in my opinion also.

Right then I recon it sounds & looks more like a failure of the dog bone mount (connects the bottom of gearbox to subframe).

Had it happen to me on other VAG cars & seen it happen, as failure of this mount allows the engine to rock back & forward ALOT!

It would also explain it happening when using the clutch as this also did the same to me on my old car as the clutch in/out loads the engine etc.

I wonder if the bolt is loose for the mounts???.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
no good telling me about bolts and mounts dave lol.avent got a clue!!
i really appreciate the help dave.
im not letting this one lie.
im no expert dave but im not stupid either.it just doesnt seem right to me.
im going to ring another dealer tomorrow to see if i can get someone to have a look as a second opinion.its a bit further away than my nearest but if it sorts the issue out then not bothered.wolverhampton is my next nearest so im gonna take it there.
again dave really appreciate the help.thanks.
a really good forum that provides a lot of advice/help.
ill keep u updated.

Glad I'm not the only one with problems. As you seen from my other threads i'm having problems, first time they acknowledged the noise and done some work supposedly. Took it back and they said nothing wrong !

BTW My car is currently in with them now for a new window motor and the one touch wasn't working. It took a year for VW to tell them to change the motor to solve the problem, then 3 months wait for the part. Starting to get really sick of VWUK !

no good telling me about bolts and mounts dave lol.avent got a clue!!
i really appreciate the help dave.
im not letting this one lie.
im no expert dave but im not stupid either.it just doesnt seem right to me.
im going to ring another dealer tomorrow to see if i can get someone to have a look as a second opinion.its a bit further away than my nearest but if it sorts the issue out then not bothered.wolverhampton is my next nearest so im gonna take it there.
again dave really appreciate the help.thanks.
a really good forum that provides a lot of advice/help.
ill keep u updated.