GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issues with lpfp and hpfp combo

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
mpi and hpfp are no go on eurodyne. sell the hpfp
What other tuning platform would you recommend on these cars. I went with Eurodyne because that’s what my tuner uses. I really like having local support. Kind of hesitant to deal with someone that is miles and miles away. Maybe I should have just kept things simple and reliable with an off the shelf tune from APR etc...

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
nonsense. nothing wrong with tune or tuner. hpfp control is shitty. i was getting massive fuel pressure spikes after adding mpi. dont need it if you have mpi anyways
Were these spikes during high RPM? I’m assuming Eurodyne lets you log and monitor the fuel pressure.

It’s funny, this car was intended to be a daily driver... now it has snowballed into this toy that I barely have time to drive.

When I decide to use it it breaks down! My wife was not impressed when we got stuck in traffic. Luckily I was eventually able to pull it into a parking lot.

I’ll get rid of the hpfp in the spring when I put it back on the road. I suppose I have to purchase a new unit now that I’ve modified the old one.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
I avoided the DIY LPFP kits on purpose... I'm sure there's other guys who are more familiar than me. But most of them resolve around something not seating right, or sealing right, and there's a leak somewhere and low side pressure or flow just isn't there.

HPFP and eurodyne don't jive..... you need to tweak some tables in the calibration to account for the higher flowing hpfp and maestro does not have them. Your high side fuel pressure is probably very unstable past 5000rpm or so. Don't think it's related to this at all, but in general, not something you want and you don't even need it if you're running MPI.

Do you think Eurodyne will add a feature to gain access to these tables, or are they done developing for this platform?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I suspect that ED is dead, development wise. Once HPTuners starts to take off, I'm sure ED will die off all together. JM2C.

You have Cobb, where there are a few very competent tuners, and you also have ECUTek with a few very competent tuners. There are MANY other options out there as well. APR, IE, Unitronic, UM, etc. etc. etc. All have their positives and negatives.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Cobb. But keeping a very close eye on HP tuners. My dream come true would be for Cobb to release Accesstuner, lol

I've noticed you on the boards over there. I've been keeping a steady eye on HPT myself. Interested in seeing how quick they release development updates.