GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue: Drivers side rear window won't roll down, child safety lock fault

POLOCHON

Car(s)
2018 GSW 4MO 6MT
@maxwell
1-buy back process is way more complicated here in Canada vs USA
2-car is considerably/highly modded. That makes the things (going back to stock) more involving.

Thinking about asking VW to wrap my roof - clear film, at their expense.

POLOCHON

Car(s)
2018 GSW 4MO 6MT
So.
Got my car back yesterday. Advisor swears it's completely sealed and should stay dry for a long time. I told him: you should never swear a VW will not leak.

They soaked it for over 4hours in their basement garage in different angles (uphill-downhill situation). It didn't leak.
Well it rained a lot last night, car in my driveway, and it didn't leak. Knock on wood. BTW they worked more than 16 hours on the leak problem alone. Wow those leaking roof got to cost VW lots of money as they probably pay dealer for most of the time spent on it.

As far as child safety alert issue. They replaced a door control module - part 5Q4959593EZ00 - as VW told them to do that. And there is not more ground or short anywehre they say.
Time will tell if they solve it.

However they were generous and gave me a little extra gift. Yep, the tech or someone made a dent on the rear driver's side door . As big as a $0.25.
Bummer. But the good thing is that I saw that just before I left the dealer parking lot so went inside the shop and told the advisor about my discovery. He didn't challenged me saying something like it was there prior my arrival 3 weeks ago. They will fix it with the paintless dent removal method.... it should be ok after that.

Jeeeeeeezus what a saga.