GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ISO MK7 GTI Accessport with DSG Support

bcz racecar

-Unit has been found, please close thread-

As the title says, I'm seeking a used Cobb Accessport with DSG tunes. In Illinois Chicagoland suburbs. Willing to have shipped or meet local.

Last edited:

bcz racecar

I see two used Cobb AP for sale. Can't you just buy those and add the DSG tunes through Cobb for whatever fee they charge?

Yes but Cobb charges $400 to enable DSG tuning. Once you factor in the price of what a non DSG Accessport goes for and add the Cobb DSG enabling fee, it ends up being more expensive than just buying one used with DSG enabled already.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'm not following. Brand new from Cobb is 1075. Used would be 850-900 total if you get a used Cobb AP then add the DSG ($400) to it. Still save some beans. I don't remember seeing a DSG/ECU Cobb AP for sale but I imagine it would be around the $850 range.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I don’t understand why they go for anything less than retail anyway. It’s not a wear item and I’ve never seen them go on sale anywhere. Admittedly I never really looked, just bought from eqt.

bcz racecar

The largest risk you run when buying used is Cobb only offers warranty to the original owner. So if you have issues with the item not working properly, it's on you to pay for the repairs. I would imagine this is the only reason they take a depreciation hit. It does seem the DSG enabled units are rare to find for sale. I might just bite the bullet, get a non dsg unit, and pay the $400 fee.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
The largest risk you run when buying used is Cobb only offers warranty to the original owner. So if you have issues with the item not working properly, it's on you to pay for the repairs. I would imagine this is the only reason they take a depreciation hit. It does seem the DSG enabled units are rare to find for sale. I might just bite the bullet, get a non dsg unit, and pay the $400 fee.

I did not know that about the warranty. Thanks for that information.