IS38 VCDS LOGS

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I think I have some.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie

VWGTI

Ready to race!
A little off topic, but does anyone know where I can learn to read these logs? I'm sort of new to all this data logging things and I'm not quite sure how to read these.

ryansmk6

Ready to race!
Not sure to be honest, might just want to read up on tuning to help understand. I have a good friend that is pretty involved with tuning subarus that has helped me understand most of this stuff.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
There are so many values it's hard to write down, but maybe we should put something together on the important areas.

Specified boost = what ECU is trying to hit
Actual boost = measured boost at MAP sensor
Timing correction = degrees of correction applied. You want to stay under 3-5 I believe is the consensus. I stick to 3
IAT = Intake air yemp... Lower the better
Lambda = a/f ratio.. Not sure 100% how to read this. I believe 1.00 is equal to 14.7 (stoich) and to calculate a/f you multiple value by 14.7 (i.e. 0.9 = ~13.2)

I think these are the key values you will want to know but there are so many really. Anyone please chime in if I'm wrong on any of these values and what they represent

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
There are so many values it's hard to write down, but maybe we should put something together on the important areas.

Specified boost = what ECU is trying to hit
Actual boost = measured boost at MAP sensor
Timing correction = degrees of correction applied. You want to stay under 3-5 I believe is the consensus. I stick to 3
IAT = Intake air yemp... Lower the better
Lambda = a/f ratio.. Not sure 100% how to read this. I believe 1.00 is equal to 14.7 (stoich) and to calculate a/f you multiple value by 14.7 (i.e. 0.9 = ~13.2)

I think these are the key values you will want to know but there are so many really. Anyone please chime in if I'm wrong on any of these values and what they represent

I have and am doing more at the request of APR.