GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Upgrade Issues

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
well at this point one must think someone fucked up the wiring. 3 bad actuators is impossible
That's the job on it my mechanic did, the connecter for the actuator

Attachments

• 20211005_151731.jpg
    20211005_151731.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 111

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
ducking hack job
I was thinking that too since there was a green wire attached to a blue wire but I wasn't sure if he had added that to extend it or what but I'm not sure what to do, he works at a shop but I hired him after hours so the company I don't think can be liable.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
30 seconds to install a tune using Cobb is way off. It should take as long as any Cobb tune to install.

The link works fine for me.
When flashing over the base file it takes 20 mins, when reflashing over the same file it takes about 20-30secs.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
When flashing over the base file it takes 20 mins, when reflashing over the same file it takes about 20-30secs.
Okay thanks for clearing that up, since Sneeky uses Cobb consolidated rom that makes sense considering the only other tune I use now is the IS38 OTS map.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I must have misunderstood him. I only read that it took 30 seconds to flash not reflash.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I must have misunderstood him. I only read that it took 30 seconds to flash not reflash.
Do you mean me? Sorry if I wasn't clear. So yes the car was flashed already, I just reflashed it with the other tune which is created through the same software supposedly. To update about the EPC being on one tune and not the other, I have since reflashed again back to the sneeky file. The codes will clear on that one now but didn't before until I switched to the OTS file.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This is a dumb question but why did the wiring need to be messed with in the first place?
No dumb questions here. My mechanic had said the wiring was redone before and he didn't like how it was done. I didn't think about it much then but when I got the car it had 30k on it and had no signs of it being previously tuned so idk why it would've had to be redone before he did.