GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Upgrade Issues

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Could be? Is it rubbing against a hose or is the turbo to block bracket on backwards? It has notch where the arm goes. maybe peak at actuator and make sure all bolts are in place where it mounts to compressor housing...general visual look over
It could be rubbing against the heat shield on the turbo oil line but other than that I don't think so, that wouldn't be making it drop 1 full volt though right?. I think my mechanic left the bracket out when he installed the turbo because I haven't anything there like shown in all the YouTube videos I've watched on it. The top bolt where it mounts on the compressor housing is hand tight because I didn't have a T30 thin enough to get behind the oil line but it hasn't moved

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I got the new actuator installed, set it to 3.65v and ran adaptation successfully. I was getting the EPC immediately before I even started the car, the code wouldn't clear but after I switched tunes the EPC only came on when I tried building boost. This is my 3rd actuator.. I'm running out of ideas other than the wiring being an issue since the code is pointing to the actuator, P0045 open circuit is what I'm getting. I refuse to believe that each one I've gotten is bad.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I got the new actuator installed, set it to 3.65v and ran adaptation successfully. I was getting the EPC immediately before I even started the car, the code wouldn't clear but after I switched tunes the EPC only came on when I tried building boost. This is my 3rd actuator.. I'm running out of ideas other than the wiring being an issue since the code is pointing to the actuator, P0045 open circuit is what I'm getting. I refuse to believe that each one I've gotten is bad.
What does the tuner say? That code can be caused by several things.

https://www.carparts.com/blog/p0045-code-turbosupercharger-boost-control-a-circuit-open/

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What does the tuner say? That code can be caused by several things.

https://www.carparts.com/blog/p0045-code-turbosupercharger-boost-control-a-circuit-open/
He said it sounded like it was the actuator. I also had another theory, I don't know if you're familiar with Cobb but in my experience tunes take a while to install, except his took about 30 seconds which I don't know if I should interpret that as a red flag or what but it's getting to the point where it's becoming a money pit. The link you sent is down.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
He said it sounded like it was the actuator. I also had another theory, I don't know if you're familiar with Cobb but in my experience tunes take a while to install, except his took about 30 seconds which I don't know if I should interpret that as a red flag or what but it's getting to the point where it's becoming a money pit. The link you sent is down.
30 seconds to install a tune using Cobb is way off. It should take as long as any Cobb tune to install.

The link works fine for me.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
30 seconds to install a tune using Cobb is way off. It should take as long as any Cobb tune to install.

The link works fine for me.
Yeah that's what I thought too, and I'll have to try it on the computer because my phone still says they're doing site maintenance or something.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
and if you flash a base cobb tune that code is still present? sorry if already asked that
No you're good..Yeah it's still present but it only comes on after I try to build boost instead of just being there no matter if the car is on or off with the other tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No you're good..Yeah it's still present but it only comes on after I try to build boost instead of just being there no matter if the car is on or off with the other tune.
What tuner are you using?