GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Upgrade Issues

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Okay I see what you were saying now, I did the end stop test and the first time it seemed to communicate but it didn't move and the second time I tried it said exited for safety reasons
After this I readjusted the wastage. Ran the adaptation on OBD11 which didn't seem to work so I ran it on the accessport and it did work and then proceeded to try the end stop test again. The first time it opened and stayed open while hearing the electric wurring noise and then once I stopped the test it closed, after that I tried it again and it said exited for safety reasons again

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You have to cycle the car, software and clear codes before trying the test again. Also, like I said it closes real quick at the beginning so you need to see if it is closing and also see what that closing voltage is.
Oh okay, just to clarify you're saying I need to remove the tunes as well before doing the test? How can I monitor the closing voltage, acknowledge of charge pressure actualator but just look at what its at when I visually see the flapper close? I took it on a drive after I posted that and it's still dropping almost 1 full volt, as if when I'm on the accelerator it's closing instead of opening

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No, tune is fine. You can run it as many times as you like as long as you are cycling it all and clearing codes each time. Setting something to 3.6v or whatever doesn't mean it's closing since as you may have seen there are a number of different actuators out there with different rod lengths and adapters.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
No, tune is fine. You can run it as many times as you like as long as you are cycling it all and clearing codes each time. Setting something to 3.6v or whatever doesn't mean it's closing since as you may have seen there are a number of different actuators out there with different rod lengths and adapters.
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up. I'll try it again when the dp is cooled off but how long should I expect the test to run for and should I adjust the voltage again and run adaptation before doing the test? I cannot do the adaptation in OBD11, it starts but stops immediately, doesn't give me confirmation, I make sure im in VW diagnostic mode before doing so as well. I had seen a post from you saying before "good luck" with someone trying it on the Cobb, makes me wonder if I just need VCDS

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up. I'll try it again when the dp is cooled off but how long should I expect the test to run for and should I adjust the voltage again and run adaptation before doing the test? I cannot do the adaptation in OBD11, it starts but stops immediately, doesn't give me confirmation, I make sure im in VW diagnostic mode before doing so as well. I had seen a post from you saying before "good luck" with someone trying it on the Cobb, makes me wonder if I just need VCDS
Nvm about how to view it, I found it through the screenshots matrix posted on the other form last night

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I don't know how any of it works on obd11 or cobb. If it is unhappy (i.e. codes for boost or wg) it won't adapt. Or if it's broken, which it might end up being. This is why I say clear codes a lot. Get to happy state.
Well that's what I was confused about because it was happy for a while and doing multiple pulls and then all of a sudden it started having hiccups where it would throw the EPC, but after about clearing it five times and then flooring it, it didn't come back. That is until I drove it this week and did one pull and since it will come back anything over 3k RPMs so I shift early to be able to have a little boost.

The last time I adaptated it I made sure I cleared the codes but I noticed that the voltage on the Cobb and the OBD11 was different. With the key on, on the Cobb it read 3.613v and on the OBD11 same scenario it read 3.67v so I decided to try it adjusting it watching on the OBD11 that time but I can only adapt it on the Cobb.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah it wasn't steady at all. In a previous post I mentioned that I watched it fall about a full volt on each test drive after I adapt it as of this week. I'll check out VCDS today and hopefully thats the issue, if not it'll be good to have anyway. I'm getting a replacement in the works incase I'm not able to get it working right. I did also try what matrix said he did as a last resort which didn't work in my case, I wasn't able to perform the adaptation with the car running on either platforms.