GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is38 replica on mk7

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
standard eqt vortex is based on an is20 housing too, the xl is like a is38.

The part where they can make those numbers with stock fueling and 94 is the part that’s interesting but you can’t fully base things on dynos as they all read a lil different just like cars read a lil different.

I’m sure Jim is gonna be very happy with the upgrade, should make some more power/spool quicker and he’ll have better comfort knowing the internals and built to a higher standard and tolerances than a Oem (BIG TURBO :) ) is38 he has now.

You nailed it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
im going to go BT next year for this build, I would like to run enough to smoke anyone I come across (450 should be enough). But a true 450ish not a mustang dyno - 20%. I like how it seems the turbo upgrades are ever evolving, first it was is38, then hybrids, then more hybrids. I like the xl and getting bigger numbers but I wouldn't want a long spool, I feel like the spool now on is20 is slow

Then get the TPC20. As far as smoking everyone you come across forget it. Don't go down that rabbit hole because there's always plenty of other cars that will beat what you're proposing. You'll beat most of them though.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Then get the TPC20. As far as smoking everyone you come across forget it. Don't go down that rabbit hole because there's always plenty of other cars that will beat what you're proposing. You'll beat most of them though.
I prefer to not send in my turbo, i don't know if thats normal with EQT if not, then I rather go with them, Figure in the end, if i sell car, put turbo back on and sell upgraded turbo

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I prefer to not send in my turbo, i don't know if thats normal with EQT if not, then I rather go with them, Figure in the end, if i sell car, put turbo back on and sell upgraded turbo

You don't have to send in your turbo. Most companies charge $300 more if you don't want to send them yours. I didn't see any core charge on EQT's website. I just got the TPC20 and they have the $300 core charge.