GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is38 oem plus or vortex hybrid

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
  1. Buyer purchases Shuenk turbo with apparently out of tolerance hole on wastegate linkage.
  2. Buyer misdiagnoses problem as faulty wastegate actuator.
  3. Buyer replaces wastegate actuator with rigged setup.
  4. Buyer again misdiagnoses problem as wastegate actuator.
  5. Vendor offers to honor turbo warranty.
  6. Buyer declines warranty offer.
  7. Buyer purchases IHI IS38 resolving problem.
  8. Buyer recommends not purchasing Shuenk.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I think without the HPFP on the Vortex you would be between 400-420 HP. In another post you mentioned getting 380 HP on the IS38 and you won't without ethanol. Expect about 360 HP max. I would go with the Vortex because you can always add the HPFP internals and get more HP. The HPFP on the IS38 will still be about 360 HP max.
I just wanted to chime in I have a buddy tuned with a is38 91 octane dsg and a I’m tuned on a is20 stage 2 6speed 91 octane with 2 gallons of E mixed both of our cars were running side by side and even though his car was pulling on me by a car or two. I personally think the is38 is a waste of money at this point. Go with the vortex just so you know you have lots of headroom if you ever want more. The is38 is great but just not enough.
Vortex XL all day...

Good to know. Do you guys get commission from EQT? lol. I hadn't seriously considered the XL until I saw @Escape Hatch numbers on 93... Thanks for talking at least an extra $1500 USD ($2k beaver bucks) out of my wallet :sigh:

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Good to know. Do you guys get commission from EQT? lol. I hadn't seriously considered the XL until I saw @Escape Hatch numbers on 93... Thanks for talking at least an extra $1500 USD ($2k beaver bucks) out of my wallet :sigh:

lol 🤣 no I wish I did.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion