GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 GTI vs Caliber Srt4 (414whp) vs Mustang 5.0 (420whp)

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
And it just randomly broke?

Yup, I remember getting my check engine light driving on the highway ~65mph not even on it just driving normally and light came on. Engine definitely started vibrating/car almost sounded like a tractor. Luckily I was close to a VW dealer and pulled it into the dealership...eventually found out the damage and had car towed to my tuner shop. I do drive spiritedly but nothing crazy, I just have the worst luck I guess. Always do the maintenance services and oil change every 5k.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Exactly how much money have you paid to EP Werks over the years?

No joke I’m seriously close to 30k without exaggerating. I could have bought my dream car by now if I would have just saved my money lol.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!

GTI Dude 11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti
Yup, I remember getting my check engine light driving on the highway ~65mph not even on it just driving normally and light came on. Engine definitely started vibrating/car almost sounded like a tractor. Luckily I was close to a VW dealer and pulled it into the dealership...eventually found out the damage and had car towed to my tuner shop. I do drive spiritedly but nothing crazy, I just have the worst luck I guess. Always do the maintenance services and oil change every 5k.

Same exact thing happened to me last month at 34k with APR stage 1....I kind of want to get a thread together and see how many people have had their engine failure. So far I've counted 5 just on this forum

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
For the record, I went 123mph with no meth and E15. :D Not needed (but it helps). I'm not going to shit on people who want to run it, but to me it is an extra wheel in the cog for minimal gains over proper fueling and E85.

From a strictly power perspective, VP C85 at 40% concentration made only 4 or 5 less WHP than VP C85 @ 40%+meth. Average power with just E40 was actually higher. The results are within the range of error anyways. It is a negligible difference.

A good quality ethanol blend will unleash the beast. It's more a matter of finding a fueling system to keep up.
Running Ethanol blends is like driving a fully electric vehicle. Not enough stations around, and if you have the slightest inclination of going on a road trip, you have to plan it around available stations. That’s lame to me. Then on top of that, the horrendous MPG’s you get with it…it makes an economical car just as economical as a truck pulling a trailer at that point…dumb.

With meth, all you have to do is fill it up, make sure you have a fail safe, and be on your way. You still get good mpg’s, you get cooler IAT’s, which is a must in Summer time, and you get the same power as if running ethanol.

Mkmkgpk

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I had one staged 1 tuned too, cylinder 3 no compression and failed after 10k km into tuning, now requires overhaul, sad I guess