GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 GTI vs Caliber Srt4 (414whp) vs Mustang 5.0 (420whp)

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Out last night for some fun. Raced a Caliber srt4 and mustang 5.0. All roll races.
Caliber Srt4: Just Dynoed @ 414whp/Full Bolt Ons
Mustang 5.0: Full Bolt Ons 420whp
GTI: APR IS38 turbo and Full Bolt Ons have yet to dyno car.

Caliber roll from 35mph (2 Races)
Mustang roll from 20mph

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIdAT0LXr-c

digilio86

Ready to race!
Wait, you got pulled on by a 5.0?
What tune are you on ?

Edit : I checked your profile. Built top end ? Did you blow a your motor or something or just extra precocious? Something isn't adding up. So many questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
What tune are you on ?

Edit : I checked your profile. Built top end ? Did you blow a your motor or something or just extra precocious? Something isn't adding up. So many questions.

Had a hole in my piston, replaced with IE rods/pistons decided to get is38 while I was at it. Yea the Mustang in the video is a beast. He has exhaust x pipe, headers, intake, tune and is 420+whp. His top end is much stronger than mine. I’m running APR is38 tune. I’m guessing I have ~370whp so expected results. Will dyno eventually.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
What tune are you on ?

hehe. precautious my good sir. precocious is something you call a child when being mischievous I think....

love seeing raced out srt4s. mustangs are zzzzz

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

digilio86

Ready to race!
hehe. precautious my good sir. precocious is something you call a child when being mischievous I think....

love seeing raced out srt4s. mustangs are zzzzz

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah yeah, I know bad smelling and auto correct. [emoji846][emoji481]

digilio86

Ready to race!
Had a hole in my piston, replaced with IE rods/pistons decided to get is38 while I was at it. Yea the Mustang in the video is a beast. He has exhaust x pipe, headers, intake, tune and is 420+whp. His top end is much stronger than mine. I’m running APR is38 tune. I’m guessing I have ~370whp so expected results. Will dyno eventually.

Well at least you shouldn't have to worry about the motor now.

Hmm okay I guess this is where my weight reduction comes into play...

I was impressed that he didn't jump out on you, especially from so low a roll, that's what they always did to me before my current setup.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. Same tune and FBO against a FBO tune 5.O.

https://instagram.com/p/BUWHKMvghtI/

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

What set up were you using when you melted a hole in a piston? Just a bad injector or trying some crazy tuning?

USA

Ready to race!
Well at least you shouldn't have to worry about the motor now.

Hmm okay I guess this is where my weight reduction comes into play...

I was impressed that he didn't jump out on you, especially from so low a roll, that's what they always did to me before my current setup.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. Same tune and FBO against a FBO tune 5.O.

https://instagram.com/p/BUWHKMvghtI/
What weight reduction have you done?

digilio86

Ready to race!
Yeah sorta ridiculous but I'll start tracking it in the spring and see then. I'd imagine approx 2700 is a safe guess . But idk.

Sorry for the thread jack.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Your tune is uber conservative. Look at the 6MT trap differences for stack versus straight file. Now that you have a built motor, time to send it :D
The closest APR car (no stack) in 6mt to mine is 7mph slower. That is a massive difference.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Get some meth injecting!