GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is38 GTI vs Big TURBO Type R, C7 Corvette, MK5 Supra (video)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Why don't you want to get a PM4?
More expense. I'll get it if I can't avoid it, but I always research options and reliability before I decide.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
More expense. I'll get it if I can't avoid it, but I always research options and reliability before I decide.
Are you staying DI only? A DW300c kit is probably enough then and you are not having to gut the basket, it wont go over 16 amps and only flows about 10% less than a 450 capped to 16 amps at 5bar.

DeatschWerks DW300c 340lph Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit | 15-19 VW Golf R (maperformance.com)

Better pictures here.
Deatschwerks DW300C 340lph Low Pressure Fuel Pump for Audi S3 8V / ... (all-stars-motorsport.com)

Datasheet
dw300ctechsheet.pdf (bjprace.se)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Are you staying DI only? A DW300c kit is probably enough then and you are not having to gut the basket, it wont go over 16 amps and only flows about 10% less than a 450 capped to 16 amps at 5bar.

DeatschWerks DW300c 340lph Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit | 15-19 VW Golf R (maperformance.com)

Better pictures here.
Deatschwerks DW300C 340lph Low Pressure Fuel Pump for Audi S3 8V / ... (all-stars-motorsport.com)

Datasheet
dw300ctechsheet.pdf (bjprace.se
Thanks, isnt that the one where you have to modify the basket to make everything fit? I guess that wouldn't too bad considering the money I would save.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You will still have to drill the 3 holes to open the basket but not gut it, the pump is same size as stock.
Yeah drilling the holes is the easy part, the cutting of the basket is were its a tiny bit nerve racking -lol.

That one you linked is def. a great option! I’m running the apr 305 kit and even with my hybrid 38 I’ve been over e70 and still fine at 28/29 to redline, with is38 you should for sure be able to get away with full E on that linked pumped since you got the boost taper.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yeah drilling the holes is the easy part, the cutting of the basket is were its a tiny bit nerve racking -lol.

That one you linked is def. a great option! I’m running the apr 305 kit and even with my hybrid 38 I’ve been over e70 and still fine at 28/29 to redline, with is38 you should for sure be able to get away with full E on that linked pumped since you got the boost taper.
Custom EQT tune only ?