Votes: 9 36.0%
  • DonorCycle

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Been riding for over 42 years now. Always-bike.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
bike...different tools for different jobs. You've been riding 25 years .....that's what you miss

Mud

lives in Vegas and needs ideas on how to waste money......?!?!?!
Lol it's the tourists that come here to blow money. Most Vegas locals aren't hitting the strip to gamble that often. And hauling ass thru the desert on a motorcycle sounds like a better 'waste' of money than throwing everything on black at the roulette table 😆

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I have an old 2001 R1 and my R will never be as fast as my stock dinosaur of a bike regardless of mods chucked at it. If you are willing to ride to get your speed fix, the bang for buck of used sportbikes will never be matched. I suggest you do the bike if you still like riding, VFRs sound awesome.

Ha, perfectly put and exactly the same here! Except my old dinosaur R1 is a 99 model 😁

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Lol it's the tourists that come here to blow money. Most Vegas locals aren't hitting the strip to gamble that often. And hauling ass thru the desert on a motorcycle sounds like a better 'waste' of money than throwing everything on black at the roulette table 😆
Doing Vegas in the fear and loathing style is better waste of money than gambling.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Picked up a new to me 2018 YZ250 today. It’s as new as a used bike gets. Still has the tits on the OEM front tire and the paint on the clutch cover. Estimated two hours or less on it.

Gonna give it a good once over tomorrow. Fresh oil, clean or replace the air filter, and adjust the clutch.

Already have some stuff on the way for it, it took six months to find a good deal so now it’s mod time haha. Surprisingly the wife is happy I bought it rather than being impatient and buying a new KTM or Gasgas like I’d originally planned. $5,500 vs 9k or more so I guess she’s come to accept it as a win!

33410549-70D4-43D2-80D3-026B617A2CDF.jpeg
E44BD1AD-5F93-43B9-B760-501505FBCD05.jpeg
1F70A89D-C0F0-446F-8F4E-FCF3F2EF6D44.jpeg

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
IS38 and motorcycle, put the IS20 on the bike.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I forgot all about this thread. In the end, I did both.

I forgot how even an average motorcycle makes most any car acceleration seem like a total joke. And this rig has 130hp which is still nothing by current standards. It's crazy.

I was also gifted a little 150cc Honda dirt bike. I've only been out on it a few times, and I was thrown right into the deep end. Biffed it real good a couple of times.

Attachments

• 0803211622_HDR.jpg
    0803211622_HDR.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I forgot all about this thread. In the end, I did both.

I forgot how even an average motorcycle makes most any car acceleration seem like a total joke. And this rig has 130hp which is still nothing by current standards. It's crazy.

I was also gifted a little 150cc Honda dirt bike. I've only been out on it a few times, and I was thrown right into the deep end. Biffed it real good a couple of times.

Those Triumph and Yamaha F09 are the perfect adult play/commuter bikes.

Cheaper than a 600 sport bike, way cheaper to insure, more comfortable & 9/10th the performance.

I’d love to have one, but because Charlotte is home to the absolute worst drivers representing their respective homes states I have no desire to ride on the street here.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Those Triumph and Yamaha F09 are the perfect adult play/commuter bikes.

Cheaper than a 600 sport bike, way cheaper to insure, more comfortable & 9/10th the performance.

I’d love to have one, but because Charlotte is home to the absolute worst drivers representing their respective homes states I have no desire to ride on the street here.
You're not kidding about any of that. This bike is a riot and does most everything at a 7/10 level. Not sure I'd want to tour on it, but as a commuter / joy ride machine, it's tits. Torque 4 days Yo.

and insurance was available as low as $4 a month.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
As my per my forum name, here's mine. A 22 year old dinosaur....on carbs, no ABS, traction control or any other gizmos....just the way I like it and I'd change it for nothing; will be keeping this one till I am no longer physically able to swing a leg over it. Showing my age...its the first bike I have had where I got rid of the aftermarket stuff and returned largely back to stock (while the parts were still cheap and widely available on ebay). Although I have uprated the brake lines, fork internals for KTech stuff and a Nitron shock and obsessively maintain it. Runs and handles better than new.

262955041_232298275708354_2278159312398255645_n.jpg

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Too right.....I feel kinda sorry for those car folk who have never experienced it and can't grasp just how much of a difference there is (and just the whole feel of it as well, exposed to the elements etc.). Same as my old relic which also has about 130bhp (at the back wheel), still blow the doors off most cars without even bothering to change down from top gear in most cases.