GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 1.8 E30 - Upgraded Injectors Necessary?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Ahh, I had one of those before the Alltrack. Had to go with APR Stage 2 because like you said nothing else available at the time. The thing kinda hauled ass on the Hwy, but lit up tires every stop light.

Reflect has his own tuning tool right? My Alltrack is currently Eurodyne, since UM wasn't out yet when I bought it. I didn't wanna go with APR again.. Eurodyne DSG tune blows big time though. Still planning on going UM in the long run, but not quite in the budget to switch software RN.
Yeah. He uses his own flasher tool. A lot of guys use a different dsg tune with the Maestro. Maestro seems decent, but I dont think they offer full support for the 1.8 like they do the 2.0. Only UM has mpi for the 1.8

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ahh, I had one of those before the Alltrack. Had to go with APR Stage 2 because like you said nothing else available at the time. The thing kinda hauled ass on the Hwy, but lit up tires every stop light.

Reflect has his own tuning tool right? My Alltrack is currently Eurodyne, since UM wasn't out yet when I bought it. I didn't wanna go with APR again.. Eurodyne DSG tune blows big time though. Still planning on going UM in the long run, but not quite in the budget to switch software RN.

Are you on Maestro?

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. He uses his own flasher tool. A lot of guys use a different dsg tune with the Maestro. Maestro seems decent, but I dont think they offer full support for the 1.8 like they do the 2.0. Only UM has mpi for the 1.8
Yeah Chris Tapp sold his 4motion 1.8 and stopped developing software. Not really cool. I know UM is the only MPI solution so far and I am biased towards them anyways, but like I said I'll do that when I go is38. I don't have $1100+ for ECU/TCU tunes right now. I just want a little extra something from the daily in the meantime. It's not fun switching from the R to an is12, but I still prefer it over my wife's detuned 2.0T Passat Lol.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Are you on Maestro?
Yes I'm licensed for Maestro. There is nothing exciting for the is12 on there, but I did see a couple is20 options last time i played with the laptop.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yes I'm licensed for Maestro. There is nothing exciting for the is12 on there, but I did see a couple is20 options last time i played with the laptop.

There is only one base map for the IS20 (not even IS38 when I asked). Install the IS20, let's have fun. ;) I'd love to see another IS20 Alltrack on Maestro.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
There is only one base map for the IS20 (not even IS38 when I asked). Install the IS20, let's have fun. ;) I'd love to see another IS20 Alltrack on Maestro.
Yup, just gotta swap new downpipe on the R and I'll have all the parts I need. I guess some good weather will help, but I'll figure it out soon regardless. Perhaps I can beat the 12.03 world record in it lmao.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Perhaps I can beat the 12.03 world record in it lmao.

You're going to be all factory OEM parts? Hurry, I'm planning on going IS38 in the spring/summer. ;) It would be great if we could mess around with the IS20 together. The Alltrack with IS20 and some ethanol keeps up with IS38 cars up to low triple digits. It's pretty fun. ;)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
You're going to be all factory OEM parts? Hurry, I'm planning on going IS38 in the spring/summer. ;) It would be great if we could mess around with the IS20 together. The Alltrack with IS20 and some ethanol keeps up with IS38 cars up to low triple digits. It's pretty fun. ;)
Lol no I'm teasing, although I do have the bone stock R downpipe in the shed. I have a new downpipe to try on Golf R. Unlike some, I like fumes, rattles, etc.. I'm looking to do this before Spring. I got a ton of work to do on racecar too, hopefully this will inspire me.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Lol no I'm teasing, although I do have the bone stock R downpipe in the shed. I have a new downpipe to try on Golf R. Unlike some, I like fumes, rattles, etc.. I'm looking to do this before Spring. I got a ton of work to do on racecar too, hopefully this will inspire me.

Did you ever get that IS20 in @Luchos ?

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever get that IS20 in @Luchos ?
Unfortunately no, we couldn't find it.. My buddy had his k04 from his old mk6 boxed up and thought it was the is20 in there. I don't want to drop $250-$300 on one when I will have my is38 available in a few months. I guess I'm going to go from is12 straight to is38 when the time comes.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Unfortunately no, we couldn't find it.. My buddy had his k04 from his old mk6 boxed up and thought it was the is20 in there. I don't want to drop $250-$300 on one when I will have my is38 available in a few months. I guess I'm going to go from is12 straight to is38 when the time comes.

Wooo... Hit me up when that's about to happen. I'm very likely going this path and it would be nice to have someone to mess around with Maestro with.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Wooo... Hit me up when that's about to happen. I'm very likely going this path and it would be nice to have someone to mess around with Maestro with.
I'm going to be UM tuned on the is38.. I have MPI, ethanol sensor, intake, turbo inlet, turbo outlet, downpipe all ready to roll.. I'm only waiting on the turbo to be available and I'm switching software

Hornung418

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going to be UM tuned on the is38.. I have MPI, ethanol sensor, intake, turbo inlet, turbo outlet, downpipe all ready to roll.. I'm only waiting on the turbo to be available and I'm switching software
Do yourself a favor if you are going through all that effort, get a hybrid turbo from DBV2 and V1 TBB and frickin send it. I have a V1 Journal bearing and you could see full boost a full second faster than the JB.

I'm dynoing my car in March and I'll report back with numbers.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Yay for more fast 1.8s, boo for very few self tuned 1.8s.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Do yourself a favor if you are going through all that effort, get a hybrid turbo from DBV2 and V1 TBB and frickin send it. I have a V1 Journal bearing and you could see full boost a full second faster than the JB.

I'm dynoing my car in March and I'll report back with numbers.
I'm not going to do that.. My is38 is free and I have a lot of left over parts from my R.. I have an EQT XL waiting to install on my R. Once I'm done with the EQT me and Daniel have been talking about running his turbo on my R to compare to the EQT but most likely it will be a DBV2 V3 that has just been released. Will probably go EQT XL in the Alltrack when that happens.