GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I did my 4motion turbo swap in my driveway from the top. It sucked. Lol. I did my downpipe in my driveway also, at a later date and it also sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tplociniak

Ready to race!
Ride
2017 Alltrack SEL
When I did my IS20 swap in my wagon I kept the downpipe in and when I got lazy and smart and had A2B Motorsports do my IS38 swap he kept it in as well.

Fowvaydriver

Passed Driver's Ed
The key is to only remove oil and coolant return lines from turbo. Not from the block.
Also... remove downpipe lower hangers and upper bracket so you can slide it to the side.
That’s about it. Shorty triple square for the bolts on turbo. I did mine in the driveway in about 3 hours taking my time.
You should try doing a downpipe on b5 4motion with rusty exhaust nuts/bolts. Makes this swap fluffy easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yayareagti

Passed Driver's Ed
I like ot say thanks to all who contributed to the thread. I just did my swap this weekend. took longer than expected. spend sunday trying to figure out the wastegate. had to adjust, then run the adaptation then check voltage. i was checking voltage without running the adaptations and would range from 1.0v to 2.3 to 2.11.
I think i may have some coolant leak . Saw it this morning on the driveshaft. woops
DSC_0518.JPG

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wrapped this up today. It took me and a buddy about 6 hours really taking our time. We are both engineers, wanted to make sure we bagged and tagged everything.

One note if anyone wants to save a few dollars. The 8mm tripple square is interchangeable with a t40 bit it just has half the engament points.

Thanks to melted solid and Vigil for the detailed write up.now I just need to dial in my jb4

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
What did y'all do with your IS12's after the swap? Did y'all try and sell them, scrap them, or keep them around just in case?

tigeo

Go Kart Champion
What did y'all do with your IS12's after the swap? Did y'all try and sell them, scrap them, or keep them around just in case?
Really has little if any value to anyone so figured just keep it - has a perfectly good DV on it that I can use as well as the actuator. Nice to have it on the shelf.