GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is20 GSW vs Kia Stinger GT

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Ran into a Stinger GT the other day on my way home. The guy was driving fast in and out of a few cars ahead of me and then shot towards the express lanes. I followed and tried to catch up. One slow car in the left lane allowed me to get behind him. He then shot around the car on the right and opened it up. I followed him and started to close the gap. Gained about 2 cars on him from 65-110 or so. There were a couple other cars ahead so he slowed and I was able to get alongside him. I looked over and gave him a thumbs up and he just stared at me blankly. The car in front of him went to the right and he opened it up again. I followed and this time started to pull alongside of him. Then I just stopped going and he kept on going. Damn speed limiter kicked in on me. JB4 life! He then proceeded to test his speed limiter I guess and put a few busses on me at that point. I was able to get back alongside of him again and this time he didn't even look over. I guess he was either salty or assumed he won. I wish we could have lined up side by side, but he wouldn't go again after that. Best part was he still had temporary tags on it. Must have left him scratching his head on my his performance sedan was getting beat by a wagon.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
nice kill, been looking for one to hunt down in my area. only time i found one that looked like he was willing to play was when i had my family with me lol.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
nice kill, been looking for one to hunt down in my area. only time i found one that looked like he was willing to play was when i had my family with me lol.

That's usually the case with me. drive every day with nothing. Go down the shore with the kids and it's car after car. LOL. Hoping to run into you one day. 30 and above only though. Haha!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Even the V6 is only a 106-107 trap. A good running IS20 should be above that.

Maybe he'll be more careful about believing marketing material next time.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Probably only had the 4-cylinder engine and front wheel drive.

Haha. Funny. I know what my car does, so it wasn't too surprised. Car and Driver had one trap 111. Other tests I saw were around 108-109. To me it was more fun of ruining some young guys day seeing the temporary tags on it and all.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
IS20 and JB4 doesnt make much sense to me on a GSW, you should be tuned for your mods to see the full potential.

I have a turbo swap and a stock ECU running stock timing and fuel trims is a silly thing to say out loud.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Haha. Funny. I know what my car does, so it wasn't too surprised. Car and Driver had one trap 111. Other tests I saw were around 108-109. To me it was more fun of ruining some young guys day seeing the temporary tags on it and all.

I didn't realize they even went 110+, only I've seen was like 106

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Friend of a friend dropped by with one of these beauties for help installing lowering springs a month or so ago. It's a very nice car don't get me wrong, but it's more of a grand tourer than a performance beast. It's effectively a 4,000 pound car after all.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Those cars sure are nice looking

Never understand why people get salty after doing some highway pulls, you both are enjoying a similar interest, give a thumbs up and smile

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Friend of a friend dropped by with one of these beauties for help installing lowering springs a month or so ago. It's a very nice car don't get me wrong, but it's more of a grand tourer than a performance beast. It's effectively a 4,000 pound car after all.

Go check the specs on it again. It's loaded for big game. Yes it's 4,000 pounds, but what does an M3, M4, S4 or S5 weigh? Car runs high 12's at 110+ out the door and comes with plenty of nice performance parts stock that we wish we could get. So for a 4 cylinder sportwagen that ran high 15's stock, I'm happy with the outcome.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Those cars sure are nice looking

Never understand why people get salty after doing some highway pulls, you both are enjoying a similar interest, give a thumbs up and smile

Because I'm a golf station wagon and he just dropped $50k on it. Lol

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Go check the specs on it again. It's loaded for big game. Yes it's 4,000 pounds, but what does an M3, M4, S4 or S5 weigh? Car runs high 12's at 110+ out the door and comes with plenty of nice performance parts stock that we wish we could get. So for a 4 cylinder sportwagen that ran high 15's stock, I'm happy with the outcome.

Please don't use the Kia in the same sentence as the M cars.

A new M3 is so much faster/better in every way.

The Audi S cars are turds though so you can compare them, lol.