GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is this Turbo Inlet Pipe defective?

wlfpck

Ready to race!
has anyone done a before/after dyno test?

just curious cause science is fun

i think there were some dyno testing done and it showed some gains.

I know for sure there were benchflow testing by a third party. This guy has all of his testing procedures and equipment used and so forth all laid out. I would say it's a pretty well done/well thought out testing procedure.

http://mygolfmk7.com/turbo-inlet-pipe/

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
^ This

@OP, Just check to make sure there are no cracks or anything like that. You should be fine.

Yeah..too late. Shipped them back. Probably hold off on the TIP for now. Seems like marginal gains. If someone could definitively say that spool up occurred 100 or 200 rpm sooner, I would probably get one as I'm sure an extra 10hp won't be felt, but lower boost threshold will.

If so, probably go with the MST or Forge after further research.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I don't get the connection you're making between improving airflow before the turbo depending on an upgraded IC for improved cooling.
The $ ratio you're making is comparing apples to oranges. Each of those modifications serves a different purpose. The TIP is a small inexpensive bolt on that may give you a marginal increase in power and throttle response. The intercooler upgrade is an investment towards building a foundation for a platform that can deliver power over sustained periods of time.