GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there anyway to deactivate the auto stop/start?

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Is there anyway to code the auto stop/start feature on my 2019 GTI so the car always runs like a normal car unless activate the feature manually?
The stop/start at lights is annoying and it happens while the car is warming up to normal operation temp
which seems pretty dumb to me.

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie
And so no one tells me to search for it, I did find all the ways of deactivating whether by coding or disconnecting the wire on the side of the battery but specifically I would like to be able to use it when I want, so just have it in a default condition of deactivated when the car starts and be able to select it for use if I choose. Haven't found that solution yet.

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie

PureWhiteMk7

Go Kart Newbie

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
That is exactly what I am looking for! It's nice to have for some situations just not all. Particularly always active as the default. Perfect.
Once fitted, If you have already switched S/S OFF, this device virtually presses the S/S button each time you start the car and keeps the system switched of, or if you switch S/S ON it will NOT virtually press the button until you next switch S/S off, also, if you press and hold the button (5 secs) it deactivates the device completely until you press and hold it again in order to activate it, this is especially useful if you are taking your car to the dealer for example, you also do not get any adverse effect or codes by connecting one of these.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Once fitted, If you have already switched S/S OFF, this device virtually presses the S/S button each time you start the car and keeps the system switched of, or if you switch S/S ON it will NOT virtually press the button until you next switch S/S off, also, if you press and hold the button (5 secs) it deactivates the device completely until you press and hold it again in order to activate it, this is especially useful if you are taking your car to the dealer for example, you also do not get any adverse effect or codes by connecting one of these.

Took mine to the dealer with start/stop disconnected from the battery and they thought it was funny.