GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there a foam cannon for a hose that actually works?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some times I want to give my car a quick wash, and don't really feel like dragging out and setting up my pressure washer. So I'm trying to see if there is a foam cannon that actually works with just a regular hose? I bought this one a while ago, and at most it just shoots out soapy water, not really foam. Just a downfall of using a hose? Are there any that will actually shoot foam?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I've never heard of a decent one being able to work on hose pressure. I picked up a Worx Hydroshot years ago on sale and it actually works reasonably well. Pricey for just a foam cannon, but it also works well for jobs that don't need a full scale pressure washer.

If you decide to get one, remember to use the pressure lance with the cannon. I hooked it directly the the gun the first time and was pretty disappointed, then I tried it with the lance and it worked way better. Still not as good as a real foam cannon, but it works well enough.

JS82

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you’ll be happy with an IK Foam Sprayer. Don’t waste money on anything that attaches to your regular hose, the pressure won’t be enough for thick foam.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
As someone that used to do detailing as a business I have all the IK foam 9, 1.5, and a multi-sprayer. They have a new Pro12, a little more but worth it if you have a compressor to fill it up instead of pumping. The only thing I don't like about the new one is the wider spray pattern. I use my IK9 for foaming all purpose cleaner to clean my tires, undercarriage, engine bay... etc. I would recommend against foaming the car shampoo unless you pre-rinse the car. The amount of water in the foam is minimal and won't be enough to soak the dirt in the car and you can be rubbing dry dirt when you proceed to wash.

As far as regular hose, they all function about the same. Adams foam cannon is ok, they have a new premium one that is cheaper to buy in Amazon. They have videos so you can see how they work.

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ns/products/adam-s-new-standard-foam-gun-32oz