GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the manual transmission the same in the GTI and Golf R?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Are they the same part number?
thx.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
IIRC the clutches have different part #'s

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Where should I start looking for a R manual transmission?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
ok i'll be the one to ask...are you planning on swapping out a DSG for an R manual trans into a GTI?

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I see a fewof them on eBay with the bevel box still on them even. Prices are alllllllllllllll over the map though.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I don't think so since the R is AWD, there is probably an output shaft coming out of there and it has different ratios too.

I thought the AWD was just a bevel box bolted to the passenger side axle flange and that FWD cars just had a longer passenger side axle.

The transmissions still might be different but I'm not sure it's because of the AWD, necessarily.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
You have a thread detailing this attempt? Super interested in seeing a manual being retrofitted to an 8S
I’m doing the research. I’m waiting to hear from a London dealer what the part number is for their 2015 TTS quattro manual transmission. If this number matches the Golf R, I’m good to go.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Any FWD MQ350 would bolt right up to the block, but FWD MQ350 castings lack bevel box mounting points. The bevel box is how VAG transaxle cars send power to the rear driveshaft. The bevel box bolts in between the passenger side axle and the trans. The passenger side axle flange passes through the bevel box and is subsequently than its FWD counterpart.

If you buy an R/Alltrack transmission without the bevel box your DQ350 one should bolt right up.

Here's a Mk7 Golf R Trans code QPP(Bevel Box not attached)

Here's a Mk7 GTI Trans code NBL
Thank you!

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Fun prices from dealers:
TT S TRONIC $9400 OD9300014P00B
R DSG rebuilt $4150 same part number but last 4 are Q00K
R 6-speed $2633, $4500, $8000 02Q300052Q. I‘m hoping the 2015 TTS part number matches this R number.

I‘m going to show Billy A2B Blade’s post today so he can further explain it to me. I don’t wrench so I need lots of guidance before I start buying stuff:)