GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is OBDELEVEN still in business?

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
I purchased an OBDELEVEN back in 2016/2017, used it then, and basically never really needed to use it again.
However, with my 2016 GTI telling me now at 31,000 miles I need an "inspection", I wanted to reset it, being I have maintenance done by me.
So I plugged in the OBDELEVEN and was told via the app that my credentials were incorrect.
I requested at least 8 times via the app to reset it.
Zero replies, for hours.
I then tried to contact the company via the website, but the error on the webpage is: "
  • "Application profile name" field cannot be blank"
I then went through e-mails from the past and saw that info@obdeleven.com was a previous e-mail I communicated with them years ago, I sent an inquiry via that method, and got:

Hey there,

This message is automated because we are closing our support via this email.

We just released new support platform to reduce question answering time and provide better support quality for our customers.

Enjoy our new support platform here:
https://voltas-it.helpshift.com

Sorry for your inconvenience, but questions will not be answered via this email anymore.

Best wishes from OBDeleven team
--
OBDeleven team

So I then go to https://voltas-it.helpshift.com and get a HTTP 404 ERROR

404 - PAGE NOT FOUND​

Sorry, we could not find the page you were looking for.​

So I ask here, does anyone have any info regarding this issue?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
As far as I know they are. If you go into the app, there is a chat function for troubleshooting. With that said, I had the same issue you did, credentials no good and ever received an email for password reset. When I kept asking for the link, they would ignore it and just ask something else. Regardless, there was an all bug for this issue that was patched in a recent version, make sure your app is up to date and try to sign in again. If not I would contact them via the chat.

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
Today is Friday, 9/16/2022 at 3:22 PM EST
I go to the "chat" and the message is:

Start a conversation​

Edvinas profile

Tomas profile

Karolis profile

We'll be back online
Tuesday

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Definitely still in business, just got an email about beta testing their new BMW support. Thankfully I already have a better option there (Bimmercode).

My one experience with OBDeleven "customer service" (I use the term loosely) was equally horrendous. Nice product, totally inexcusably inadequate support. And now on a subscription plan which really sucks IMHO.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
The product has been getting worse. Annual subscription for any Pro accounts and they took away the daily free credits by opening the app. I kind of regret getting it but VCDS doesn't play nice with Linux and I'm not shelling out for a Windows license.

camerone

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
The product has been getting worse. Annual subscription for any Pro accounts and they took away the daily free credits by opening the app. I kind of regret getting it but VCDS doesn't play nice with Linux and I'm not shelling out for a Windows license.
you can run Windows 10 unactivated for as long as you want, for what it's worth. Pretty much zero downside. I've run unactivated W10 Pro since like 2016 on multiple devices, no issues at all. Might be worth looking into just for VCDS

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
you can run Windows 10 unactivated for as long as you want, for what it's worth. Pretty much zero downside. I've run unactivated W10 Pro since like 2016 on multiple devices, no issues at all. Might be worth looking into just for VCDS
Interesting; are you setting back the clock or anything? I don't have experience with Pro but Enterprise will eventually start doing things if it thinks it's being pirated. Setting the background to black, disabling the USB ports, nuking its boot partition on the MBR/UEFI. I'm hoping some VW enthusiast who knows C better than I do will submit some WINE patches for VCDS or maybe I'll properly learn C one of these days.

camerone

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
Interesting; are you setting back the clock or anything? I don't have experience with Pro but Enterprise will eventually start doing things if it thinks it's being pirated. Setting the background to black, disabling the USB ports, nuking its boot partition on the MBR/UEFI. I'm hoping some VW enthusiast who knows C better than I do will submit some WINE patches for VCDS or maybe I'll properly learn C one of these days.
Nope, haven't touched any config stuff in ages. I don't even get a watermark after 4 hours anymore lol. Currently on W10Pro 21H2 on my laptop and desktop. Haven't played with enterprise a whole lot but I do have W10 LTSB and LTSC ISOs that I've installed on older devices and they have had no issues as far as I can tell.

I've played around with linux a lot and used to daily it, but too much software I use on a regular basis (solidworks, NX, Lightroom, etc) is windows only :( Would definitely love to see VCDS come to Linux though.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Nope, haven't touched any config stuff in ages. I don't even get a watermark after 4 hours anymore lol. Currently on W10Pro 21H2 on my laptop and desktop. Haven't played with enterprise a whole lot but I do have W10 LTSB and LTSC ISOs that I've installed on older devices and they have had no issues as far as I can tell.

I've played around with linux a lot and used to daily it, but too much software I use on a regular basis (solidworks, NX, Lightroom, etc) is windows only :( Would definitely love to see VCDS come to Linux though.
Out of curiosity, why do you use both solidworks and nx?

camerone

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
Out of curiosity, why do you use both solidworks and nx?
solidworks for CAD/simulations and analyses, NX for CAM (CNC mill toolpathing). I definitely prefer solidworks and use it for personal projects too; I don't really have a choice when it comes to using NX for CAM but luckily I don't CNC mill too often