GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is my dealer pulling the wool?

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a LSG GTD On 25th April.

Been checking the tracker religiously and it still says 'with the factory' .

Here is the rub, my dealer assures me it will be BW 31, and be delivered early sept.

How long before BW does the tracker show and move to stage 3? I read posts on here of others with BW after mine being confirmed on the tracker.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
About four weeks before the Factory confirm build week.

So I would have thought it would have moved to Stage 3 by now if that were true ?

Last edited:

andig4

Passed Driver's Ed
Probably fucked something up mate.. Why don't you call vw themselves and ask them what's going on?

Metfan08

Ready to race!
Ordered a LSG GTD On 25th April.

Been checking the tracker religiously and it still says 'with the factory' .

Here is the rub, my dealer assures me it will be BW 31, and be delivered early sept.

How long before BW does the tracker show and move to stage 3? I read posts on here of others with BW after mine being confirmed on the tracker.

My SE estate order has just gone stage 3 of 7 for a BW33, so vwman's suggestion of 4 weeks would seem right.

Perhaps your BW has been pushed back but the dealer hasn't advised you/been advised. I would second the suggestion to call VWUK for an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Talked at length with VW CS. Twice! They are assuring me that my car will be built next week 27th July BW 31.

I remain to be convinced, seeing as the tracker is still at stage 2. I have told dealer and VW, that unless I receive car by 10th sept, they can stick it as I am likely to be away for 3 months, and I will be having my deposit back.

Ps the factory is closed in August I believe.

Metfan08

Ready to race!

I seriously hope not, my build week has been confirmed for week commencing 10th August! What factory is yours being built at? I believe the estates are built in either Zwickau or Wolfsburg.

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
not sure, only repeating what VWCS said today. Might be a load of horseshit like most things the dealer and CS gphave said.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Talked at length with VW CS. Twice! They are assuring me that my car will be built next week 27th July BW 31.

I remain to be convinced, seeing as the tracker is still at stage 2. I have told dealer and VW, that unless I receive car by 10th sept, they can stick it as I am likely to be away for 3 months, and I will be having my deposit back.

They may not close Wolfsburg in August if demand is so high.

Last year they employed hundreds of holiday workers filling in for trained workers during the three week summer vacation.

They did however suspend production of the E-Golf during that period as they thought these workers would struggle to cope with the different underbody fittings from the normal Golf.

I think I'd prefer they shut down production on balance !

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
NL dealer is saying that VW start building Golf 1.0 TSI week 32 or 3 Aug - when the factory starts its 3 week shut down. So looks like they are staying open this year.

Metfan08

Ready to race!
They may not close Wolfsburg in August if demand is so high.

Last year they employed hundreds of holiday workers filling in for trained workers during the three week summer vacation.

They did however suspend production of the E-Golf during that period as they thought these workers would struggle to cope with the different underbody fittings from the normal Golf.

I think I'd prefer they shut down production on balance !

Marvellous, so mine is going to built by temps/casual workers! Better prepare myself for issues then!

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
Latest despite the tracker still be at stage 2.........

From the dealer Today and corroborated by CS........

Anyway, Your new car will be built this week and will be sent to the port of Emden ready for delivery to the UK.

stokeballoon

Passed Driver's Ed
The plot thickens...... morale of the story, the tracker is very poor.

I checked the tracker this morning, and it showed my car is still at stage 2 - with the factory.....

I called VWCS this morning to find out more info, and it seems it was built yesterday, and is sat at the port..... Surprised? I was so surprised I recalled this afternoon to check the story was the same, and I hadn't misheard. It seems not!

I called my dealer too, and he checked, and it is truly sat at the port of Emden awaiting shipping to the dealer.

I have just checked the tracker and this pic below is actually of it a few minutes ago (1805 UK time).

The tracker is crap! The end!