GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it possible to replace the torsion beam with an IRS setup?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I will do that and update you

could you suggest coilovers with dcc option?

thank you

If the spring perch doesn't require moving you can use any coil overs you want..your choice.

If you have to move the spring perch & don't want to cut the bodywork, then the only coilovers that are made for the rear are the non-DCC competition spec...

Normal coil over kits have separate springs for the rear as this uses the existing factory spring placement.

The only thing you can do is measure it up, look at the bodywork in person & swap the multilink stuff across as its just a simple undo nuts & bolts & then swap......if the spring top is not mounting correctly then you know what has to be done..if the top of the spring fits the you can order whatever springs/dampers you want..

kelsheikh

Car(s)
Octavia 3
I think you said that if I use full coilovers, that I dont need to change anything in the bodywork

because I will have the spring on the damper

is that correct or did I misunderstood what you said?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I think you said that if I use full coilovers, that I dont need to change anything in the bodywork

because I will have the spring on the damper

is that correct or did I misunderstood what you said?

Normal coil overs use the existing rear spring seats..this is £2,600 of KW with DCC:-

1637856761726.png

The ones I previously mentioned are the competition versions (no DCC) & cost about the same as these, but have the rear springs OVER the rear dampers...

BUT as I said before its best to try to get everything to line up before you start spending £2,500 on special competition suspension all because the top spring mount may or may not be in the right place...

kelsheikh

Car(s)
Octavia 3
Normal coil overs use the existing rear spring seats..this is £2,600 of KW with DCC:-

View attachment 231331

The ones I previously mentioned are the competition versions (no DCC) & cost about the same as these, but have the rear springs OVER the rear dampers...

BUT as I said before its best to try to get everything to line up before you start spending £2,500 on special competition suspension all because the top spring mount may or may not be in the right place...
Ok
i will try to see how it will go and whether I will need the competition coilovers

thank you

will keep you updated

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto